“Family Reunion!”

Best Western Inn Of Jasper
Best Western Inn Of Jasper
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Thank you to Rachel and Jordan for making it a Great Weekend; while at my Family Reunion! We stayed at the same Hotel last year & Love that we can park outside our Door! They have an Awesome layout of the Pool, with the Jacuzzi at the Top! They are convinently Located off Hwy 190 in Jasper, right next to Elijah's Cafe! Walmart, Brookshires, & Dollar Store are within a Mile of the Hotel! Thank you for a Worry Free Stay!

Room Tip: Queen Smoking Close to Pool was an Excellent Location for Us!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shaneshoneypot
There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn Of Jasper

Reviewed September 2, 2011

We only stayed one night and it did the job. Clean and friendly staff, but hotel is a bit outdated. Would stay again cause there was nothing wrong with the room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My wife and I were on a motorcycle trip to Louisiana, and needed a stopping place for the night. Jasper was the right time, and Best Western ended up being the right place. We were suprised by the friendliness of the desk staff, went out of their way to assist us. Our room was very nice and clean. The motel was in the process of upgrading the linens and pillows, which will make it even better. We were in the back of the unit, so not much road noise overnight. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was very good, toast, waffles, fruit, cold and hot cereal, breakfast area was clean as well. If in Jasper check out this Best Western, price was reasonable also.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank davedickson
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel to get points for a free night. It would be the only reason for me to stay here. I'm not saying this is a bad hotel, it's just that I've stayed at better Best Western hotels. The rooms were clean and the staff nice but it gave me a feeling of staying in a place that is long overdue for an upgrade. The breakfast was obviously on the cheap. The food was old (e.g. bread falling apart) as if from a box that stayed in the freezer too long. I had to sneak over to the Holiday Inn for a decent meal. The Wi-fi was weak in the evening. I suggest the pool be closed at 9:00 pm because the screaming kids by my room kept me up too late. A flat panel TV would be a nice touch instead of the 20 year old box TV.
All in all I would rate this hotel 6 out of 10. It's OK and the price is acceptable but the Ramada or Holiday Inn is better to stay at in this town.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank txadams
Reviewed June 13, 2011

They had a pool & jacuzzi which was open 10am till 11pm! Outside entrance to the rooms but once inside very comfortable & the shower was awesome. We had a family reunion and they made sure we we're all together! Staff was very friendly and accomadating!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2010

While I was there a man committed suicide. I'm providing pictures of when they took the body out of the room.

KJAS.com has the story about him.

Police investigate death at local motel

11/22/10
By Mike Lout
Email this story to a friend
Jasper Police are investigating a death that occurred on Saturday at the Best Western Motel at 205 West Gibson Street here in Jasper.

Officers were called to the location shortly after 5:00 p.m. when it was reported that the body of a man said to be in his 70’s from the Bay City area, east of Houston had been discovered.

Police Chief Todd Hunter said all indications were that the self inflicted death was a case of suicide, but that Jasper County Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace Becky Cleveland was conducting an inquest into the death and that she had called for an autopsy before making a final ruling.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2010

It is true that this is an older property, and some spiffing up would be nice, although the place isn't exactly falling apart. My room was fairly large and had a fridge and microwave, although the bathroom was a bit small and the towels were small and thin (very funny, considering they have signs purporting that people want to buy or steal their linens because they're so nice). I ran the A/C (which worked fine) so my room was quiet. Our only real problem was that the phones didn't work -- we could hear people call in, but they couldn't hear us answering. The desk clerk had no clue as to how to fix the problem. My theory is that this is one of those hotels that turns off your phone, and you have to request to have your phone reconnected. In any event the rest of the stay was OK. We had supper next door at Elijah's, which was an interesting experience. Excellent food, charming if unsophisticated service.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends