“Nice hotel and staff. Slow wifi”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I am frequently here on business and the staff is very warm and welcoming. The hotel is kept very clean. The wifi speed however keeps me from joining in on important meetings and doing day to day stuff that keeps me working. Overall a very nice place, just frustrating at times.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank krhoden82
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

We are sorry that you have experienced an issue with the internet during your stay, we are looking into the issue to see what may have been the problem with our tech department. I do apologize and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I arrived here on my motorcycle, after driving all day in the rain. The staff let me park under the portico. They gave me advice about restaurants. But when I started off on foot, because I was too tired to ride, Heather, who works there, came out after me and insisted she drive me in her car. She picked me up after dinner too. And the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Stephan B
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for your comments they are very much appreciated we have commended our staff for going the extra mile for you.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hotel staff were excellent, breakfast in the morning supurb. The hotel itself was well looked after and the rooms were very well presented. Fitness centre could have been a little larger but the equipment that was there worked perfectly. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Axell33
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a long drive, this was a nice hotel to spend the night at. The staff was friendly and I received a Priority Club welcome kit. Pool was outside, it looked nice, but I did not swim. The gym was a little on the small side, only having an elliptical machine, a treadmill and a bike. The room was good, the shower nice and breakfast was pleasant as usual.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were greeted and checked in by Sharon at the front desk. She recognized us as Priority Club members and mentioned they would have milk & cookies at about 7PM in the lobby. The hotel was very clean and in very good condition. It is located across the highway from a regional hospital and a couple of blocks from a Wal-Mart Supercenter. Our room had Wi-fi and ethernet cable internet access, but we didn't try either. There is an outdoor swim pool with a small waterfall feature that looked inviting, but we didn't use it. Breakfast area was nice, clean, & had enough choices to eat. Overall, we were well impressed! Thanks Sharon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is one of those HIEX that you walk into and feel good at. I was greeted promptly, checked right in, thanked for being a Platinum member..upgraded to a beautiful suite. Whats not to like?? After an hour or so, Stacey from the front desk called me and asked if I was pleased (YES!) and if there was anything she could do further. These few things (aside from the great facility) has steered me here from another HIEX that I usually stay at. Managment should be proud.
Anyway, very nice pool, cool looking little waterfall in it too! Pretty dining area, spotless clean everything. Hot coffee waiting (not always the case..hate it when I get a cup of cold coffee...blech). I am here right now and enjoying everything. I like the fact that they have Ethernet access. I get tired of fooling around witih wireless log in every night.
I was informed that there would be cookies and milk later waiting in the lobby...lol...milk? Gotta' love it!
Stay here with confidence

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tim H
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Working in the Oil Industry I stay in a lot of motels in a lot of different cities. This was a really
enjoyable stay. Management and staff were great, friendly people. Room was comfortable and clean. Cleaning service was excellent. Really good breakfast. The pillows were the best I have
run across ever in Hotel, I even inquired at the front desk to find out where i might acquire on of the firm pillows. She provided me with a web site. When working in this area I will return to this hotel. Try it out.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.