“Consistent”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I probably visit this HI Express twice a year over the last several years. Space is clean, staff is courteous. There appears to be groups of oil/gas related folks staying through the week, so availability seems limited at times (book in advance). Rooms are clean, breakfast is satisfactory. Overall, consistency is key when traveling and this HI Express has treated me well over the last couple of years.

Room Tip: Cookies in the evening - fresh baked and they are GOOD!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jgEats

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I had to make a reservation for a company meeting. The meeting was rescheduled for the next week. I called immediately and changed my reservation BUT was billed for both times. I called & emailed requesting a credit for the unused room, but was told that credit would not be issued !! I have been (was) a frequent customer since they opened and work for a large national retail store. I will never stay there again & have past this information on to my associates. Their Custome Service sucks !!!!

Room Tip: TIP: Stay somewhere else !!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank jbull58
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Ok, I typically only post reviews of the 5 star places we stay on vacation, but I have to post a review of this place. We attended a wedding in Jasper, TX last weekend and stayed at the HIE. It couldn't have been nicer. We were surprisingly upgraded to a larger, "Suite" room with refrigerator and microwave. The hotel looked like it was only about a year old, although the staff told us it opened five years ago. Amazingly cared for. Granite counters in the bathrooms, pool overlooking beautiful view of the "piney woods" along with a nice rock waterfall for nice "sound", good breakfast, great staff who were always helpful! I don't know that I will be returning to Jasper any time soon, but if I do, I will definitely return to the Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvthebeach02
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I had not been there in over two months but was still greates my name as I approached the desk. The staff was most helpful with everything including restaurant recommendations. I will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Jdmullins215
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This hotel is probably the newest hotel in Jasper, so it has relatively modern looking rooms and it doesn't smell bad yet. However, we paid $94 for a single room and $134 for a double, which is a bit pricey for middle-of-nowhere Texas. Additionally, the eggs for breakfast are 100% not real and hard to choke down. We were given a hard time when we tried to ask for a 1 hour late check out (from 12 to 1pm), with the front counter lady telling us it was reserved for priority club members. Give me a break. It's a good choice if you can't handle staying in old motels.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank graffitipassion
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I stayed here to visit family in this lovely East Texas town near the lakes. This is a wonderful hotel in any way,but the most outstanding feature is the breakfast. They add real eggs scrambled and all of the other regular things you see in the Holiday Inn Express. Everything was served properly hot or cold and was frequently refreshed. The facility was immacuate with excellent mattress and pillows. Roomy bath. Inviting pool. Superb fast internet. This hotel should be rated at the minimum a 3+ or in reality a 4*

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I was in the area to attend the funeral services of a relative and stayed over to worship one of the local churches for Sunday worship. Not only were the employees courteous and gave service with a smile, they helped us in finding our way around.
We had relatives arrive from the Dallas area and they were greeted with the same warm hospitality that we experienced.
A special thank you to Amanda, Sharon, Emilee, Arthur, Heather, and the rest of the staff at this location. You all made our stay one worth writing and talking about. Thank you for taking pride in what you do. GREAT JOB!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business