“Wonderful Hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
La Paz Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Jasper B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were going to a wedding in Texas and arrived on 31 December - we were exhausted. As Scots we wanted somewhere special for the New Year. This Bed and Breakfast is off the beaten track but easy to find with a sat nav. The accommodation was lovely - spotlessly clean, stylish and comfortable. The couple who hosted us anticipated our needs - we were arriving late so they put a code of our choice into the entry system, had put out snacks and mini wine bottles, the lights were on low and the atmosphere was very welcoming. The host greeted us when he knew we had arrived. Breakfast was stunning - we have visited the USA often and lived there and have been overwhelmed by excessive breakfasts. This place offered a very tasty understated but truly delicious meal. Greek yoghurt with toasted oats and dried fruits served in a Martini glass followed by Creme Brule French Toast with 2 rashers of bacon and a piece of delicious venison sausage served with sliced mixed fruits - delicious - along with coffee or tea and fruit juice. The hosts were friendly and willing to chat and sensed the mood of their guests. We cannot recommend this highly enough. Superb.

Room Tip: Contact the hosts - there are a variety of rooms to meet different needs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank HeatherMGardiner

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a very special family gathering that needed to be between those in Texas and those in Louisiana. I picked La Paz for it's location, and for the fact they accepted children, but was over-the-top delighted in what I arrived to! I always choose bed & breakfast inns over hotels whenever possible, so I've experienced poor to great. This one is at the top of my list! It's very tastefully done in beautiful antiques, and there are amenities for every need. We had children in our group, and they were made to feel welcome. There was a playroom for the older kids and a playground for the younger. The grounds were so lovely with lights in the trees and a wooden walkway to the river.
The rooms were all as comfortable as they were lovely. All the young couples wanted to be in The Little White House; exceptionally private and cozy (but roomy). I loved the cabin, which is over a 100 years old with a little breakfast area/bathroom added on. It had a wonderful back porch with swings and rockers that overlook the river. My niece wanted to know how it was possible to not find a speck of dust anywhere....
And the breakfast was fabulous! Creme brulee stuffed french toast, homemade granola on organic yogurt, lots of fresh fruit....no one had to eat again 'til late afternoon!
Thank you, Anne and Paul, for opening your beautiful home to our crazy group. We loved it and plan to come back again, hopefully, this new year!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank teenybabynurse
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I have been to La Paz twice and are currently planning our next trip back. It is a wonderfully relaxing experience. The rooms are comfortable, clean and every amenity is attended to. The breakfast is absolutely the best. Anne and Paul go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The in-house massage by Diane Mott is the best I have ever had. I highly recommend her. Just be sure to set it up when you make the reservation.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Little White House and it was great. The shower in the upstairs room in fanta...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alison B
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were at the La Paz with some friends, for fishing and relaxing. The breakfast was wonderful and the ambiance in general was very pleasant.
We put This Hotel in our best experiences, and we will come every year!!

Room Tip: We like very much the little White House
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Paul S
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This may be the best kept "secret" in Texas. The people who own La Paz really know how to be innkeepers.
I can't say enough nice things about this place or the people who run it. Quaint, quiet, lovely and relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WJM627
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place is fantastic. It hits all the senses! Beautiful views. Fresh air. Comfortable living. Relaxing. My husband and I stayed in the Little White House for our baby-moon. We cozied up to a fire each night. Cooked steaks on the grill. Watched movies in bed. Explored the acreage. Sat on the river front deck, wrapped in blankets, listening to nature and enjoying the stars. It was incredibly romantic. The breakfasts were delicious! With a new baby (and two older kiddos), we have already booked a more family style getaway this December in the Cabin. We can't wait to sit around the fire pit. Turn off all of the electronics. And just be a family...away from all the noise! I definitely recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: If you're with your significant other, I'd recommend the Little White House. It has it'...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole A
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm not sure I can add much to the other two reviews. This B&B was just wonderful. The setting is beautiful, the food mouth-watering, the hospitality more than welcoming. I stayed two nights and would happily have stayed a whole week. One of the high points of my trip. If you ever get the chance, don't hesitate. Go!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo