“Worth coming back for. . .”
Review of Elijah's Cafe

Elijah's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 6, 2013

we've moved from Jasper but when we were passing thru, we planned our break for lunch time at Elijah's! Their chicken n dumplins is SO GOOD they're always running out at night.
When we lived there, me and my friends would eat there at least once a week.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've been here several times and always had a good experience. Good home style cooking at reasonable prices. Arguably the best place to eat in Jasper.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place has a menu with lots of choices. Country style menu with Chicken fried steak, chicken and dumplings, burgers, meatloaf, etc. Wait staff is friendly and service is prompt. Looked like most of the folks were locals. My guess is that the locals know where to eat in Jasper.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The food is OK. It maybe the best place to eat in Jasper. We were with a family group, and the service was good.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I had heard good things about this place. They were wrong! I ordered the chicken fried steak. It was dry. The gravy was gelatinous and Luke warm. I ordered green beans. When I complained about them being cold (not even like warm) the waitress took them back to the kitchen. She brought them back when I had finished as much of my supper as I could choke down. They had been over microwaved. They were excessively hot. Like "You want them hot? How's this?" It was a generally terrible dining experience, not to be repeated in THIS lifetime. Go to the grocery store. Buy some cold canned food. Eat it from the can with a plastic spoon. Believe me you will be better off.

Been to Elijah's Cafe? Share your experiences!