Best Western Executive Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Executive Inn(Jacksonville)
Courtyard Tyler(Tyler)
View Hotel
All reviewshot breakfastmain roadhot tubindoor poolgreat hotel to stayclean roomscomfortable bedenjoyable staybreakfast areayogurtbiscuits and gravythe texas state railroadmini fridgevery nice hotelhotel roomfitness centereasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2012

everything was nice an clean good breakfast staff was great location was nice an lots of things to do withen walking distant when you first walk in staff was great an helped with whatever you needed checkin an checkout was quick an easy!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family and i were there in early April for a few days, we were visiting for a family reunion and decided to get a hotel this time as we were planning on having more family show up than usual. There were quite a few hotels to choose from, but from previous reviews and what we read online, we decided to choose Best Western, and we were pleasantly delighted we did.
While we were there, the front staff helped us with whatever questions we had. The rooms were clean and well maintained with no smoking odor and bed gave a comfortable night sleep. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool which was kept nice and clean and the room service was excellent and prompt when we asked for extra towels. I was able to actually do some work away from home as the Wi-Fi actually worked here as opposed to other hotels I've stayed at in the past. The hot breakfast was also a nice surprise as they had lots of good options and never ran out of any items, even near the time the breakfast was to end.
We would definitely stay there again as we felt we got the most value out of our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Josh I
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in mid-January.

Very large room with a whirlpool tub. Whirlpool worked great and filled up quickly. Most of the room was extremely clean (although, I did find some plastic wrapping and broken crackers behind the bedside table when I pulled it away from the wall to use the power outlet).

Comfortable bed with four pillows of different firmness. Older TV, but did appreciate that it was on a shelf that could be pulled out and swivelled so that we could watch TV from the whirlpool tub!

Bathroom also clean, with shower over tub. Vanity area is outside the bathroom, just inside the door to the room. Some people like to have the vanity area separate from the bathroom, personally I don't. Air conditioner was very noisy - to the point that I switched it off at night, but otherwise worked well.

Hotel was very quiet. Never heard any hall noise despite being right near the elevator and reception on the ground floor (not quite sure why you would put one of your most expensive rooms right next to reception and the elevator in the first place). Perhaps they weren't that busy the weekend we were there. May be the case since we only saw four other people came into the breakfast area while we were eating on both mornings of our stay. Breakfast was usual fare - make your own waffles, four types of cereal, bread for toast, sausage patties, egggs, biscuits and gravy, juice coffee, yoghurt, fruit.

Hotel also has an indoor pool and spa which looked clean, but we didn't use it.

Overall, a comfortable quiet stay for a good price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This was a pleasant surprise: Large indoor pool with large hot tub, nice free breakfast (eggs, patty sausage, waffle maker), very large room with excellent wifi. The TV could have been a bit bigger for the room size, but not a huge deal. Parking area a bit tight on 2 of 3 sides, as only access downside - there is a larger lot on the south side of the building. Standard window-wall AC and heat control (we prefer digital and central) was comfortable. No noise issues inside or out, no weird odors or smoke. This is right off a U.S. highway in east-central Texas, about midway between Texarkana and Austin if you are making that road trip. It is within easy driving distance of the Texas State Railroad attraction (see their web site for seasonal details). Plenty of retail and fast food nearby, movie theater across the street which you can walk to in 5 minutes or less. All in all a good night, and will definitely use again, y'all!

Room Tip: We got a very good late booking rate via the Best Western web site.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmbleOutdoors
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recently stayed there on the second floor it smelt like something had died!!!! I went down to ask them about this and was told it was "because they had just repainted the pool area". I'm not an expert paint smeller, but this was not paint. The 1st floor and area around the pool smelt like paint not rotting food as the 2nd floor did. Additionally I was a bit Leary of the trail of ants from the window to the crack in the wall.... I guess I should expect too much from a $75 a night hotel, but I sure with I would have stayed at the new holiday inn down the road.....

• Stayed: September 2011