“All she could say was.....”

Jalapeno Tree Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Jacksonville, Texas
“All she could say was.....”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

so sorry. Yep, after finding a black floating object in my glass water. I pretty much wanted to toss my food. Maybe this restaurant needs to be checked for slime in the ice machine and water faucets. I understand that the water is poured from a pitcher but where does that water come from and how did that unidentified object get in my glass. Not to mention my dinner was very disappointing. I always order the Flameado and it's around $11 and I'm okay with that. The part that I'm not okay with is that the price is still the same and the bowl was only filled 1/4 of the way. I didn't even have enough to fit in 2 tortillas much less the 4 that Amanda brought me. Amanda was a good waitress until she started getting more tables and then I had to wait for refills, not that I wanted anymore after finding what was floating in my glass. We usually get ice cream on the way out but the last several times we have eaten there, the ice cream is never hard enough to put in a cone so we have just left. I wish there was another Mexican Food Restaurant to eat at.

• Visited December 2012

“Tex Mex”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Even if the parking lot is full there is a short wait, if any at times. The food is good and the atmosphere is nice. Like eating at Jalapeno Tree when I want some Mexican Food. Have had a good experience with every visit. My favorite dish are the Fajitas. Wish they had homemade tortillas though (my only complaint). It's just something about homemade tortillas.

Visited June 2012
“The bar is open!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have always loved the food here. They have great quesadillas. Now that the bar has been added, they serve a mean margueritam too!

Visited July 2012
Knoxville, TN.
“I wish we had one of these back home...”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spent a week in Tyler and happened upon this place with some friends. We were seated immediately for lunch and greeted by the manager. The server was exceptional and always kept our drinks filled. The food was fantastic and the faita butter was something I had never had before. Excellent..... This just may be the best place I ate all week in Tyler, Texas.

Visited July 2012
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Most of the time, the food I eat here is good. I had one bad food experience and occasionally have had problems with service but if you want Mexican food in Jacksonville, this is probably the best place to go.