“Nice Property”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Jacksonville
dallas
“Nice Property”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in a King Suite, our daughter had a King room. Both were very nice rooms, clean, had everything you would need. The beds were very comfortable and quiet (you didn't hear people coming and going). The breakfast was ok, lots to choose from (fruit, cereal, bagels, eggs, biscuts, gravy etc) but the hot items were only room temp., the pancake machine served hot pancakes and the hot sweet rolls were hot at first but after a while people were eating/taking them faster than the server could put them out.

Down side, seating was limited in the dining area and lots of mix ups upon check-in which was not good since we had a large group for a wedding. The girl at the front desk was getting a little short with with some of the guest :(

Overall pretty good and we would stay there again for an event.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I were in Jacksonville for a quick business meeting and a turn-around drive back to Louisiana, we decided to spend the night and head out fresh the next day and we stayed at this hotel. To sum up my experience and feelings in one word would be 'GREAT.' We checked in late (had reservations), and the young lady was so sweet and accomodating; our room was great, the fitness room was great . . . everything was 'great!' I just wished we could've stayed a bit longer. I don't think I'll ever come back to Jacksonville again; vacation or otherwise, but if I do, or if I'm just passing through, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites will definitely be my choice

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin TX
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had a King suite for 1 night end of February.

Everything was as expected for an HIE, except the room did not have a work chair, Just 2 regular chairs.

Staff was great at check-in. Hotel very clean.

Breakfast was as expected, although they had ham which is unusual in most HIE,s they use chicken or turkey based meats.

Have stayed before and will stay there again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We reserved a king smoking room for two nights but when we arrived they had us reserved in a two queen smoking room. They had a king smoking room and switched us. Got to the room, no ashtray and a no smoking symbol on the door. Called front desk to verify and they brought me an ashtray(more like a glass coaster) and said it was a smoking room. Went to the 6:30 -9:30 breakfast the next morning at 9:15. Pancake machine LED display read "Cooling off and shutting down". At 9:25(their clock on the wall), breakfast area attendant asked us and two other guests if we wanted anything else and then proceeded to remove all food items from counter. Left for the day and returned about 7:30 PM to discover our room had not been cleaned. I went to the front desk with dirty towels and our trash. Received clean towels from the front desk clerk and was told by her that housekeeping will not clean if there is a do not disturb sign on the door or if you are a "stayover"(her words) then housekeeping will knock but will not enter the room if nobody answers because housekeeping keys do not work on the rooms if you stay more than one night. I told her that what she said to me made absolutely no sense and she told me that she was still learning everything and was still fairly new to the hotel. Next morning we went down to breakfast at 9:10(their clock) only to discover the pancake machine this time was completely off meaning either it cooled off from operating earlier or it was never used at all that day. Once again, the removal of food and cleanup of the breakfast area began before the 9:30AM end time. Location and condition of the property are great but this has to be one of the worst IHG properties when it comes to service and the use of made up fairy tales to answer guest's concerns.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlwaysTDY
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear AlwaysTDY,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you liked our hotel location. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I want to apologize for the unsatisfactory customer service you received at the front desk as well as with the housekeeping and breakfast service. It is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary hotel experience during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate your comments as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night and the hotel itself is nice and clean. My only complaint was the very impatient housekeepers. Checkout is at 11 and I sat my alarm for 1030 so we would have time to get up and get out before they needed to come clean. Well at 8:30, 9, 10, and 10:30, there was a cleaning lady sticking her head in the door. We told her we were still here and would be out by 11 each time, but it didn't do any good. Upon checkout I mentioned it to the girl at the front desk, and her reply was, "yeah they want to get done so they can go home on time". It seems to me that if I'm paying $100 for a room, I should be able to remain in it for the time i paid for without being interrupted to leave every 30 minutes.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Ashley B
Elysian Fields, TX
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stay at so many Holiday Inns (I am a Platinum member) that they run all together in my head...except this one. The room was stunning! I mean, beautifull! The kid at the front desk was super. The whole place was squeeky clean.
I came staggering in after a 400 mile drive and I must admit, I wish I had gotten ther earlier simply because it was so nice.
I now gauge all my stays at Holiday Inn against this one. Only one in San Antonio comes close.
Who would have thought little ol' Jacksonville would sport such a fine example of a Holiday inn??

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tim H
North Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding. Lobby was clean and front desk employee was very friendly.
Room was very clean and smelled fresh. Beds were awesome, I slept like a baby. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marty6080
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Tyler - South
Executive Inn
Executive Inn
#4 of 5 in Jacksonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville? Share your experiences!