“Nice little hotel in East Texas”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This was a really nice Holiday Inn. The rooms were clean, decor was nice and the front desk was friendly. It's very easy to get to. The breakfast was lacking, but I don't usually expect much from the free breakfasts. I would go back if I needed to stay in Jacksonville again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 12, 2011

I'm a platinum member of Holiday Inn/Priority Club and know a damn good Holiday Inn Express when I see (stay in) it - and let me tell you this one is fantastic, top notch and clearly one of the best I've been to.

All of the previous reviews are spot on. Modern, extremely clean, friendly and helpful staff, and a great value too. Also, while the hotel is pretty close to US 69, the highway noise really dies off after about 6 o'clock or so, and is quiet at night, so it doesn't matter if you get a room facing 69 or not.

If your travels take you to Jacksonville or the general Piney Woods area of Texas, be sure to stay here. I had business here and in Nacogdoches, and none of the hotels over there do much for me. I'm so happy I stayed here.

Great dinner recommendation is Sadler's Restaurant - affordable and authentic southern style cooking!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hotelreviewer333
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Words will never convey the extent of our appreciation to the Jacksonville’s Holiday Inn-Express for their comforting service through a very difficult time. The courtesy, hospitality and most of all, the compassion with which I was treated during my stay, allowed me to focus on family, and gave me the time I needed to attend the funeral service befitting our beloved neighbor, friend, mother, and grandmother. I wanted for nothing; the staff and Keyche Williams treated me more like family, than a visitor. Just when I thought all businesses were just about the bottom line; finally, one with old fashioned values and commitment to their customer. I recommend the Jacksonville Holiday Inn-Express without hesitation, and look forward to seeing you guys again very soon. Stay Blessed. ~ Carlos Wallace

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Carlos_Wallace
Reviewed December 18, 2010

This was a awesome getaway for me and my children. We all enjoyed every aspect of our stay. The room was very spacious with great beds, the staff was very helpful and accomodating. They also provided a delicious complimentary breakfast. The hotel hosted a holiday themed PJs and Pillows party for the kiddos, with a movie, popcorn, hot chocolate, and cookies. The kids loved it! I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunsout1
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Beautiful Festive decor for the Holidays and the scent as you enter was amazing. Fantastic breakfast. A very well dressed, professional & caring staff that went beyond the call of duty. We loved this place, what a diamond in the rough.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Great, staff are warm and friendly --sincere staff very accomdating! The rooms are clean large enough high ceiling regf in room nice size not too sm--relaxing calming environment-room beautiful--breakfast great--could have more Fruit selection---overall I would definitiely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville, Texas recently and found that the staff was still working out a few service problems. The rooms are comfortable, but the buffet breakfast was not up to the usual Holiday Inn Express standards. Also, the hotel did not offer a free USA Today, nor was the bill slipped under my door in the morning.

I am sure that over time most, if not all, of these minor issues will e corrected by management and staff. Once they are, I would recommend this hotel to business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville
#4 of 5 in Jacksonville
Shady Pines RV Park
Shady Pines RV Park
#2 of 2 in Jacksonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville? Share your experiences!