“It was a great hotel and I enjoyed my stay”

Quality Inn DFW-Airport
Ranked #63 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Killeen, Texas
“It was a great hotel and I enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great it was definitely worth the trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
DFWnorth, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. Our breakfast and outstanding customer service has been the talk of the town for a while now and we will do everything to keep the standards high. I hope you will remember us for your next trip to DFW.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed at this location for the week of the Prime Time National July 27-31 along with my 2 basketball teams. The rooms were clean and plesant. The staff was extremely nice and accomdated us for coming in earlier than normal for check-in since we were coming from Fort Hood, TX. The breakfast was extremely nice especially for the rate we paid per night. This hotel has been placed on our teams to stay roster for any basketball tournament we have in the Dallas Fortworth area. I actually had left some items in the hotel room, which the staff had every right to throw away. I went back to see if they had them and they had actually bagged them for me and had them in the managers office just in case I called. The staff went above and beyond their call of duty in my opinion with that issue.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
It was our pleasure to host you and your team. We will do anything to meet the team's need for a stress free stay. Our staff are good at returning and saving any goods left in the room or in the property. We would love to be your official host hotel any season of the year. Thank you for your kind words, the message will be passed on to the entire staff as an encouragement to the continuation of outstanding service.
BR, LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at the Ramada DFW Airport in North Irving before an early morning flight. I found the room to be adequate for the price, but wifi didn't work anywhere in the whole hotel. The first room I was given on the third floor had no connectivity whatsoever, so I went to the front desk and asked if I could be given another room. I was then given a room on the first floor, but that room also had no connectivity. I was then told that they were having problems with the internet and nothing could be done. After reading other reviews online about the Ramada DFW Airport hotel in North Irving, it seems like this happens quite often. I really wouldn't waste my time coming here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank enterotoxin
DFWnorth, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
On behalf or the Ramada family, I would like to apologize that your stay was anything other than satisfying. The issue with internet has been a matter of concern and we are really trying to get it resolved. Most days it works perfect and some days, specifically the days when the hotel has high volume of people using internet, it slows down than usual. We usually try to compensate our guests in whatever way possible like letting them use our office computers, free print, copy, FAX services. We are in the process of switching our internet provider to get a better and faster service so that the next time you plan to come stay with us, you will have nothing but compliments for us,. I would really hope that you give us a second chance.
Fresno CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We, too, stayed here compliments of American Airlines due to a very delayed flight which caused us to miss our connection.
We arrived late evening at DFW, were given our vouchers for the hotel, and told to wait at a specific point outside. It was after 10:00 p.m., it was very hot and humid, and my almost 80 year old mother-in-law was feeling it (on top of the already long travel day). After waiting about 25 minutes, I called the hotel asking when the shuttle (not operated by the hotel) would arrive, and the very apologetic clerk said "about ten minutes." We waited another 15 minutes with no sign of the shuttle, so I called again. Another very apologetic clerk said it would be about ten minutes. About 15 minutes later it arrived.
When the shuttle arrived, we and the few others waiting climbed aboard to standing room only. But at lease there was room for everybody. The trip to the hotel seemed quite long (it was dark, and I am not familiar with the area, so I have no idea how far we traveled). But travel we did--a roller coaster ride for those of us who were standing. I'm sure the driver was trying to make up time as he was obviously behind schedule. After a few stops at other hotels, we finally arrived at the hotel.
The two desk clerks were very efficient, but we were soon told there were only smoking rooms available. This was a surprise, but at least there were enough rooms available for everyone.
Our room was interesting. I can't say it felt clean, but the smoke residue smell was quite strong (at least to a nonsmoker). There was a sink just outside the private tub/shower and commode, with another sink in the main part of the room. I don't know if the TV worked, since we were so tired we just took showers and went straight to bed. I slept great, but don't know if it was because the bed was good or I was tired. Thank goodness the air conditioner worked well--despite the metal cover being askew.
Next morning we stopped by the breakfast room. Nothing to write home about, but I noticed it had a waffle maker. Nice touch.
Overall, can't say I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I am very sorry for the bad experience you had. Yes the Texas heat is beyond bearable and at situations like this it feels even worse. Some days when we have to accommodate guests from airport, it gets a little chaotic. If we had only smoking rooms, then it must have been one of the VERY busiest days as we only have a few smoking rooms at our property. Our shuttle runs 24 hrs and except for few hours in the morning, it runs on call basis and they are always ready for pick up. The ride from airport is less than 10 mins on a regular day but during busy days it takes longer than usual. The comfort that you felt could have been the tiredness but I would also like to point out that we remodeled the entire hotel not too long ago, all the furnitures including the bedding are brand new. We have been getting compliments regarding the comfortable beds from our guests. Again I apologize that your stay was less than satisfying but I would like to request you to give us a second chance to make it right.
Greenwood, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a great place to stay. All the staff is awesome and very informed of the area. The rooms are very clean, remodeled with nice bedding, linens, microwaves, refrigerators...all the modern conveniences of home. The beakfast bar is wonderful!!George Ajit, the General Manager is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and runs a great hotel. He is extremely helpful, knowledgable and has a great compassion for the people that enter the hotel. Thanks for a wonderful stay!!! We will be back again and again!!

Room Tip: This hotel has suites with mini kitchen and are roomy and wonderful, whether for a girl weekend or a...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking out time to write about us. It is my pleasure that your expected needs were met. Regarding customer service, we don't even have to try, it comes naturally to us. :) Please come back and stay with us, we would love to have you back.
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights earlier in July 2011. Wanted a base to explore Dallas and a nice little hotel close by to the airport when I was ready to leave. The Ramada fit my needs, expectations, & budget quite admirably! I originally booked a room with a King. Their website said that microwaves & refrigerators were not in all King rooms and were available upon request. When I asked, the counter clerk switched me into a room with a Queen just across the hallway. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that there was a kitchenette with sink. The room was big enough for my needs! Outside the pool was small but quite refreshing in the high 90/100 degree Dallas heat! The hotel is located across from a Dennys & a gas station. There is a large commercial office park nearby, so there was a fair amount of street traffic during the morning & afternoon weekday rush hours, but it greatly diminished during nights & weekends. I'm a coffee for breakfast kind of guy, so I didn't try the complimentary breakfast. From what I saw it was pretty basic, I think the only hot item were DIY waffles. The only negative (if you can call it that) is that the housekeeping service time was quite variable, from about 9 am to 3 pm. I ended putting the "do not disturb" sign on the door until I left for the day. Overall, it was a good stay and the Ramada is one to keep in consideration for future Dallas trips. A definite plus is the Wyndham Rewards program. During this trip I stayed at 3 different hotel chains, and Wyndham was the quickest to post my reward miles (less than a week after)!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Well well thank you for staying with us for four days and it gives me real pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay. We try our best to meet each and everyone of out guests need for their comfortable stay. We do have 24 hr coffee right by breakfast room, I don't know if you noticed that but it is one of the many things most of our guests admire about us. Thank you once again for the kind words and hope to see you again.
Hawkins, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

My job requires that I travel frequently to the Dallas metroplex, and it is important I stay at a hotel that will ensure my stay is comfortable and accommodates my needs with as few problems as possible. The Ramada DFW Airport North Irving fits the bill! The entire staff is friendly and goes beyond what is expected to make my stay pleasant – from turning on the air conditioner prior to check-in to resolving any issue I may have quickly and professionally. When I return in the evenings, everything is taken care of, and I can feel all stress easing away. Meena Basnet is amazing. She multi-tasks with ease and still greets each guest with a beautiful smile and warm greeting. This level of courtesy and professionalism begins at the top, and George Ajit exhibits these skills daily and expects the same from his staff. I cannot extend my appreciation enough to George, Meena and the wonderful staff at the Ramada Inn.

Room Tip: Discuss your exact accommodations needs with the staff prior to your stay. fo
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
DFWnorth, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Meena is definitely our superstar and I keep on reminding her how she has added value to Ramada. We really appreciate your kind words and thank you for being one of out loyal customers. We aim to not only meet your expectations but to exceed it in every way possible. See you soon!