“Nice little oasis near the DFW airport”

Quality Inn DFW-Airport
Ranked #64 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights earlier in July 2011. Wanted a base to explore Dallas and a nice little hotel close by to the airport when I was ready to leave. The Ramada fit my needs, expectations, & budget quite admirably! I originally booked a room with a King. Their website said that microwaves & refrigerators were not in all King rooms and were available upon request. When I asked, the counter clerk switched me into a room with a Queen just across the hallway. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that there was a kitchenette with sink. The room was big enough for my needs! Outside the pool was small but quite refreshing in the high 90/100 degree Dallas heat! The hotel is located across from a Dennys & a gas station. There is a large commercial office park nearby, so there was a fair amount of street traffic during the morning & afternoon weekday rush hours, but it greatly diminished during nights & weekends. I'm a coffee for breakfast kind of guy, so I didn't try the complimentary breakfast. From what I saw it was pretty basic, I think the only hot item were DIY waffles. The only negative (if you can call it that) is that the housekeeping service time was quite variable, from about 9 am to 3 pm. I ended putting the "do not disturb" sign on the door until I left for the day. Overall, it was a good stay and the Ramada is one to keep in consideration for future Dallas trips. A definite plus is the Wyndham Rewards program. During this trip I stayed at 3 different hotel chains, and Wyndham was the quickest to post my reward miles (less than a week after)!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
DFWnorth, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

Well well thank you for staying with us for four days and it gives me real pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay. We try our best to meet each and everyone of out guests need for their comfortable stay. We do have 24 hr coffee right by breakfast room, I don't know if you noticed that but it is one of the many things most of our guests admire about us. Thank you once again for the kind words and hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

My job requires that I travel frequently to the Dallas metroplex, and it is important I stay at a hotel that will ensure my stay is comfortable and accommodates my needs with as few problems as possible. The Ramada DFW Airport North Irving fits the bill! The entire staff is friendly and goes beyond what is expected to make my stay pleasant – from turning on the air conditioner prior to check-in to resolving any issue I may have quickly and professionally. When I return in the evenings, everything is taken care of, and I can feel all stress easing away. Meena Basnet is amazing. She multi-tasks with ease and still greets each guest with a beautiful smile and warm greeting. This level of courtesy and professionalism begins at the top, and George Ajit exhibits these skills daily and expects the same from his staff. I cannot extend my appreciation enough to George, Meena and the wonderful staff at the Ramada Inn.

Room Tip: Discuss your exact accommodations needs with the staff prior to your stay. fo
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
DFWnorth, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Meena is definitely our superstar and I keep on reminding her how she has added value to Ramada. We really appreciate your kind words and thank you for being one of out loyal customers. We aim to not only meet your expectations but to exceed it in every way possible. See you soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for about three years. The customer service is excellent. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the third floor on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

It gives me a great pleasure to see great comments from loyal customers like you. We will do everything we can to keep up with our reputation to make your stay better and better for many more years to come.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We held the North American Church of God Conference in Irving from Thursday, July 7th to Sunday, July 10th, and this hotel was great at accommodating the large amount of people who attended. It had plenty of nice rooms to stay in, the service was great and the complimentary breakfast was especially wonderful, we really enjoyed it, and it proved invaluable to have so much food in the lobby early enough so that our attendees would be able to have breakfast and still make the morning meetings on time, we REALLY appreciated that. We really loved the wonderful pricing and service that we received from the hotel for our conference, not to mention the free high speed internet which was extremely valuable to have. Staying here was a great experience and the location in Irving was wonderful with plenty of other attractions and restaurants to eat lunch and dinner at very close by.

NACOG 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much to taking your valuable time out to write about us. It means a lot to us to hear wonderful comments from our guests and also knowing that our guests had a wonderful and satisfactory time is the best feeling. We host big groups and we have been doing it for many years now. Remember us for your next meeting/conference.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

The exemplary service starts with the Hotel Manager George, and eminates from the front desk personnel Prashoon, and Meena are who I am most familiar with. The Housekeepers are very friend as well, and a very ample continental breakfast is served with a moderate variety of items to chooses from. The beds are very comfortable, and the amenities are adequate for business or pleasure purposes. The rates are reasonable, and combined with everything else the overall package is unbeatable.

Room Tip: The even number rooms face the front of the hotel.
1  Thank Keith052056

We appreciate your comment and thoughts about us. We are very proud of our team and we show it in our service. I will make sure to pas on the admiration to our staff, also to encourage every single personnel to keep up with the exemplary service. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2011

The front desk is very helpful and will do about anything to make sure you are comfortable and enjoy your stay. The breakfast is good. Don't miss the eggs next to the toaster. I always try to stay at this Ramada.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you very much for the kind note. we all work together at the Ramada to make sure our guests requirements are fulfilled. Our breakfast has been the talk of town for a long time now. We hope to see you next time, soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2011

I would rather sleep on a park bench than visit this hotel again. I was sent here by Am Airlines due to two cancelled flights. The minute the lobby doors opened I was overwhelmed with the smell of old dish rags and several unidentifiable odors. The hallways were dark and dreary and my room looked like it could use a serious makeover. But the highlight of this adventure was finding and killing a roach on the bathroom sink and seeing the mother of all roaches (this thing was huge) crawl out from under the bed. It took several whacks to take that one down. This did not seem to faze the staff when brought to their attention. In fact, they suggested I change rooms (as if my room was the only one in this joint that had this problem). My stay at this Ramada was less than one hour. However, the saddest part was, as I was walking out of the lobby there were several pilots and flight attendants from Am Airlines checking in. I can’t believe the airline uses this hotel to accommodate their employees.

5  Thank SV987
DFWnorth, Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

I apologize for the bad experience and inconvenience you had with us. It is sad that you had to stay with us during the time of the year when the Texas heat was on its highest peaks and a lot of hotels, apartments around the area were facing problems with bugs, roaches. But we have treated the entire property and keeping up with the treatment so that we will not have this issue ever again. Ours is an old property and it may not look as attractive from outside but we have changed the interior and known to provide our guests with quite, comfortable rooms to relax in.