“Noisy Sushi is a good thing”

The Blue fish Las Colinas
Ranked #4 of 583 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd.
Description: ...The opposite of a quiet, intimate sushi bar, the Blue Fish is enormous, loud, stylish and good. Where else can you find a signature roll called El Cubano ($9.50)? It's spicy pork, jalapeno, cilantro, Jalapeno pepper and carrots, with a sweet and spicy sauce. What's most refreshing here is that the menu is all Japanese -- no Thai food to confuse the palate. And to be honest, sushi purists will find plenty to keep them interested. Live specials such as Spanish mackarel, Sea Urchin, Live Hottate(scallop), Black Bass, mirugai (giant clam) and much more.Order the Ahi Tower to see just how well the kitchen can plate. It's tuna tartar and sesame oil over snow crab and avocado salad on a bed of wasabi infused rice. It's almost tragic to watch the server destroy this architectural marvel table-side to make it easier to eat. The "cake" portion of spicy tuna on crispy rice cakes in uzu and garlic sauce. It's delicious...
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I never eat Sushi in a quiet deserted restaurant.
This Las Colinas restaurant is always busy, always fresh.

1  Thank Mike M
There are newer reviews for The Blue fish Las Colinas

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Sushi selections at Blue Fish are consistently of high quality and are definitely recommended. I've not tried the other dishes there. The only downside to this restaurant is that the secondary bar area tends to be very noisy.

1  Thank spearchamp
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My colleagues and I had Dinner there whilst on a Business trip to Las Colinas - it was chosen largely on the strength of reviews/proximity to our Hotel.

Our welcome was friendly and we spent cocktail hour in their bar. After that we were shown to a good table and our Dinner selection was chosen for us. We did very much enjoy it needless to say.

So - if you're in town and enjoy Japanese food - give it a try. I'd certainly return.

2  Thank trwilbury
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stay away from the Texas roll. Teriyaki beef paired with seaweed is just a horrible smell, and the taste wasn't much better. I think I have to take a break from Sushi for awhile.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This place is in a mall-type area (isn't everything in Las Colinas?) and there's plenty of parking. The food was excellent! Great choices for sushi and the staff was very attentive. I'd go again!

Been to The Blue fish Las Colinas? Share your experiences!