“ONE dish”

Terra Mediterranean
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Mediterranean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 596 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Immerse all your senses with flavors from afar! The Mediterranean region, abundant in its diversity and unique ingredients, allows us to blend the cultures of the people and tastes of these lands to create the fare that is sought out by so many. Ali Baba offers tantalizing dishes made from fresh and flavorful ingredients of this region. These distinctly bold, healthy and delicious flavors are as unique as the regions that inspired them.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I willingly make a 3 hour drive a few times a year to come here and eat the Saffron chicken. Words cannot describe how flavorful and fragrant it is. That's really all I can say.

Also, as the time of this review, the owner of the restaurant will be changing the name from "Ali Baba" to "Terra" Mediterranean Grill.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was in Irving on business during lunch and a group of us decided to try Ali Baba for the first time. I must admit the lunch buffet was pretty impressive for only 12.99. I sampled many of the salads and all were good. The roasted cauliflower was addictive, but it was the chicken that really caught my attention. I don't know how they cook it, but I have never had chicken (white meat) that tender, moist and flavorful. The buffet was so good that we returned the next day for lunch (Saturday).
There is no buffet on Saturday, but the menu offers good variety. I will agree with a previous reviewer who mentioned there is no staff to greet you if you arrive after the noon hour. However, it only took a couple of minutes for someone to seat us even though the restaurant appeared empty when we arrived. Everyone in the party ordered something different from the menu and all were quite satisfied with what they got.
I've not been to any other Mediterranean restaurants in Las Colinas/Irving so there may be others that are better. However, I will probably never know because I intend to return to Ali Baba next time I'm in the area. If you like Mediterranean food and enjoy a good buffet, you don't want to miss this one.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I can see why this restaurant gets so busy at lunchtime. While in the Irving TX area on business earlier this week, I decided to have lunch at Ali Baba's on MacArthur Blvd in one of the many shopping centers which line that road. Fortunately I got there relatively early around 11:30 AM and managed to grab a parking spot nearby in front of the restaurant. Even at that time, it was beginning to fill up with customers but I was seated immediately at a table and offered my choice of beverage. The buffet selection was excellent with a nice array of salads, dips (hummus), as well as various hot entrees. I enjoyed the greek salad, pasta salad, coriander potatoes, cauliflower, curry chicken, and no doubt several other items I have neglected to mention. While I was eating, the restaurant began to get visibly busier as 12 noon approached but I never felt rushed or hurried by my waitress. I made two leisurely trips through the buffet in order to try & sample all my favorites as well as some unfamiliar dishes. There may also have been some dessert offerings but I was full (pleasantly so) from my meal so I didn't explore those. The restaurant itself was very nicely decorated and clean, and I thought the buffet was an excellent value for the price. Definitely give it a try if you enjoy Mediterranean/Middle East cuisine.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was our second visit and had the same experience the second time. Our visit was a Saturday late afternoon and the restaurant was only one-fourth full. We waited more than three minutes to be seated (no one at the host stand). We took menus and seated ourselves as we told two of the workers talking we were taking a seat. Beer orders were both flat and the food was minimal and basic. Service to get more drinks and to ask about our food was non-existant. The prices were high for the food we received which was mildly warm. Last time visit for us and our friends.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I can say that Alibaba is one of the best mediterranean restaurant in town. We always enjoy going there with friends during lunch break. However, the queue is pretty long especially on friday lunch.

Been to Terra Mediterranean? Share your experiences!