“This hotel needs help!”

Ranked #73 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Irving
“This hotel needs help!”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I booked my reservation through Hotwire and just needed a weekend stay for a good price very very last minute. It's true when they say you get what you pay for! Upon check in, I was given a key to someone else's room. Upon returning to the desk to inform them, they made me and my 12 month old daughter wait 15 minutes while someone went to check the room and verify before giving me keys to another room like they thought I was lying about it! When the employee returned, the front desk agent gave me keys to another room. I went up to that room and upon entering the room, I was greeted by the toilet making a very loud noise while the water was running in the tank. When I entered the restroom to see what was going on, I noticed dried urine stains all over the toilet seat. So, me and my daughter again had to go down and change rooms. I finally got a decent room but was missing my refrigerator and microwave that I had requested (and paid extra for). They finally got it moved from the first occupied room and into my current room. My overall check in process took almost an hour before I finally got settled in a decent room. It was late when we checked in on Friday about 10pm and so we went straight to bed and had to be up early in the morning for a game. When we returned to the room Saturday night, we realized that the refrigerator quit working and our daughters milk had spoiled! When we called the Front Desk, she informed us that we were not going to be able to get another one until the next morning! How inconvenient!
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! The staff was nice but service was not. This hotel used to be a Ramada but I am assuming lost it's flag. It is a very old hotel that is much need of upgrades. My suggestion to them would be to have designated rooms with WORKING microwaves and refrigerators to ease labor on staff moving it from room to room when someone requests one. I work in the hotel business and I would be embarrassed if this was how my staff provided service. You need to build quality to get quantity!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank travelerwithfam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Eugene
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I was charged for my single day stay TWICE, when I got home I looked at my CC statement and was surprised to see a charg on the day of my stay and another 5 days later--a simple error? Maybe, but as it was 5 days later I am disinclined to be charitable especially since I have talked to 2 managers so far and the issue has not been resolved. The next step is to go to the Corporate level I guess.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2010

The hotel is a former Ramada. Its an old hotel, worn out at the edges, but well worth the price I paid for for a night. For the same price I could have stayed at the Super8 and had a less comfortable bed and much smaller room.
Wireless internet is free but reception in my room 410x was not very good near the bed.
I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating.
I would stay here again on a future visit if I did not have the notice to book a 4-star ahead of time on priceline.

Corpus
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Upon my arrival to hotel, noticed the initative and kindness from staff for any assistance needed. Clean and spacious room and enough supplies. Hotel location in great area for shopping or social events. My family and I really enjoyed the breakfast and area setup again comfortable. I would defentily schedule another stay at hotel and recommend to family and friends to stay at hotel . Thank you once again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
irving
Reviewed March 9, 2010

The hotel seems to be pretty nice and so were the staffs. The rooms were amazing and beautifully decorated like the apartments. The breakfast was real hot. The property seems to be big, with large space for events and banquets. Free shuttle service to pick up and drop off to the airport. Great service and accommodation by the entire DFW AIRPORT HOTEL TEAM.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
nyc
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Was called Ramada the last time I was there and looks like not only the name has changed but the management too. Service and cleanliness has improved veru much from my previous stay last year.

Great value for the price too.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
darrelcc
Reviewed March 8, 2010

This hotel held a training class that I attended last week. The Sales department made a point to make sure that the classroom was will equipped with pens, paper, makers, projection equipment and comfortable room temp. The hotel is located near downtown Dallas, airport and by many food places. The front desk clerk was so helpful and held our bags at the front counter until we were released from the course.