“Creepy”

Ranked #73 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Creepy”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I do not recommend staying at this hotel. We called the complimentary airport shuttle when we got to ground transportation and they said it would be around a 20-25 min wait, keep in mind we gave them our phone number and told them the exact area we were waiting at. Apparently the van came by but did not stop by our location and we didn't see the shuttle, so after ~30 mins we called the hotel again and they informed us the shuttle was en route back to the hotel and it would be another 30 minute wait. Not a fun experience at midnight.

Walked into the hotel lobby and I was glad I had my buff boyfriend standing near me. The place seemed shady and the decor was extremely dated. The front desk required a $100 deposit, which was a surprise to us. Nevertheless, we gave them the deposit and received our room keys. After a long day of traveling we were hungry and we asked the front desk for recommendations on places that were open late, she recommended two places, however they were both closed. We ended up raiding the vending machine for dinner.

The ride in the elevator up to the hotel room was smelly and spooky. Our room was dingy and the door connecting our room with the room next door seemed unsecured. Also, we had requested a king bed, but were given two doubles. After a restless night, we were glad to be out of there early the next morning!

Now I fully understand the saying, "you get what you pay for!"

I

Room Tip: Outdated, smelly, creepy vibe all around. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca0500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel was a HUGE disappointment. The customer service was awful and it was a nasty place to stay. I will NEVER stay here again. The entire place smelled like mildew, and the bar and restaurant were awful. Way too expensive for what they offer. I requested extra pillows for my pregnant daughter who was there with me, and was told over and over they were on the way, and they NEVER brought any. They took the comforter off the bed and never brought one back, and the worst part was the $100 room deposit you have to put up when you get there, and mine has yet to be returned. The two nights I was there, I had NO sleep because of all the noise in the hallway and lack of enough comfortable pillows. They only put 2 towels in the room also, and when you have a room with 2 beds, you expect enough towels for BOTH the people sleeping there. I DO NOT recommend this place and will never stay here again. I am just hoping and praying they eventually get my room deposit back to me. I felt like the entire thing was one big rip off.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JoHake

Travelers are raving about these Irving hotels

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have nothing but kudos for my stay here. Curtesy shuttle from airport, accommodating staff . great morning buffet. The room was tasteful and the beds were comfortable. Easy car ride into downtown Dallas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Norad1297
reonoke
Reviewed October 22, 2013

the family and I had a great stay. we had breakfast and dinner there and the food was very good. the staff was very kind and helpful the manager you having running this place should be pround. the room we stayed in was very clean the bed was great sleep. I really like the shower good hot water

• Stayed October 2013
Severn, Maryland
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked this room through Hotwire. I have never had a bad experience with them. However, this was certainly an exception. The smell was awful. TV reception was 30 channels of static, 15 channels of snowy picture that was barely viewable, and 15 clear channels of junk. Staff was rude. Key cards were deactivated at the end of first day and were told that they were demagnetized

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

It is terrible for extended stay expect to use 2 towels nd wash cloth for 6 days or pay 1 dollar for a towel nd 1 dollar for wash cloth washer machine nd dryer don't work nd a 100 dollar deposit which wasnt told over the phone

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I am sorry but the staff is NON- friendly. A front Desk person name TARA and her supervisor- both were unable to guide me to the proper "Ground Transportaion Loaction" at DFW Airport.

I waited and wasted for almost 60 minutes and than walked to the far distance gate- where the Pick-Up point is located.

At one point: Ms TARA advises me- I am on my own..get a cab or ??? because- she can not find out- where I need to go..and she does not know the Airport at all.!!

The lobby stinks. Carpet and Furniture: Dont sit on that. Swimming pool: Look at the bottom before you enter..

Room Tip: Try to use other chains- may be at more cost.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends