DFW Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #73 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Kansas CIty
“umm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here June 22 for one night. Id say for what the cost of the hotel, our stay was nice. Everything was in walking distance as far as for the Wal-Mart the 7/11 and a few different restaurants to eat at. After we experienced our afternoon walk and our lunch we had a night cap at the hotel club. The nightclub was very popular and was pretty packed. The nightclub only had one bartender which made the club two thumbs down. All in all I was fine and so was my wife we've been to worser places by no choice. The free shuttle service was GREAT too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Derekdj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Northern California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We did not plan on staying over, but our flight had a 11 hour delay getting into Dallas/Ft. Worth. Our airline, which starts with A.A., put us in this flea-bitten, hell-hole for the night. Now, you have to realize, that we were bone tired from the 11 hour delay and virtually any place would have been welcomed to lay our head....even the airport floor...but, holy cow. This "hotel" is run down, worn out, looks like it hasn't been remodeled since it was built in what looks like the '60's.

When we arrived at 12:30 a.m., I had a sinking feeling that it was going to be horrible. My feeling was right. As we walked down the hallway to the elevators, we came across what may have been a fountain at one time. It is now an exposed pipe, spewing water up into a dirty pool of ... I don't know what. We got to the elevator and came across a rolled up rug next to the wall...and the elevator smelled of something unworldly. We got to our rooms in a hallway that was hot and musty and unlocked the door. REALLY?? Two tiny beds, low to the filthy carpeting. The air conditioning didn't get the room below about 80 degrees. I wore my shoes the entire time there. I wore my clothing in the bed and didn't touch the blanket, only the sheets. I contemplated taking a shower because I was soooo in need of one, but I didn't after I looked in the bathtub. We laid on the bed for the 5 hours before we went to the airport.

A.A. should have paid us hazard pay to stay at this place. Enough said.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fifi58
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Thank goodness my room was clean but I could hear EVERYTHING, their walls were not meant to be thick I'm sure! Front service people were rude and acted like "we" were to blame for our keys "dis activating" themselves (cheap keys I'm assuming)! Oh, and don't you dare ask for new towels because you will have to go to the front desk for them, TAKE THEM your old (dirty ones) and purchase new ones for $1 each, although that is not expensive... I seriously have NEVER stayed in such a hotel with bogus rules. Never will stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank JessSolis
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was attracted to this hotel by a sign on a van announcing a $140 per week rate. I already had a reservation at a place nearby for 55 per night but cancelled it. I was surprised I had to sign or initial a series of papers 22 times on different issues. Although I did notice some of the things mentioned in other reports, my own room, although old and in need of upgrading was clean. I suggest the rooms on the 4th. floor. My internet did work. There was no noise. A good find within close walking distance was the Aspen Creek Restaurant. I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Fourth floor wass quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 239JohnT
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

American Airlines put us at this hotel when weather caused us to miss our connection. We were told that the shuttle would pick us up in 30-35 minutes. It took almost 2 hours and many telephone calls. When the shuttle did arrive, he said he had seen us on two previous rounds...a blatant lie! Another at our location said he had also waited 2 hours.
When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk was well staffed with at least 5 persons. However, they were in complete confusion and disorganization.
We got to our room slightly before 2 in the morning.
The room was in drastic need of maintenance: the bathtub shower was unusable because the switch was broken; the blackout curtains had small holes where they had annealed to the window; the bed appeared to have used linens, the wall were dirty; and so forth.
In the morning I complained to the "manager" (Rose [--]) about the shuttle problems. Rather than be apologetic, she was defiant.
There probably was a time when this was a nice hotel. But, because the owner clearly only wants to suck profit without any maintenance, it is a hovel.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Helga H
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm born and raised in Las Vegas Nevada and work in the largest hotel on the Las Vegas strip. My fiancé and I went to Dallas for a family vacation and noticed Dfw airport hotel & Conference Center while leaving the airport. We thought it would be a good idea being that it was so close to the airport. Wrong!!! .. The hotel was horrific and smelly. There were sketchy characters walking around that left me in fear of my life and possessions. When you didn't think it could get any worse it did...... The room... A hot-mess!! Dirty, dem, roach, and bed bug infested. I swear I was in the movie New Jack City. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. Thank god we got a refund. Please, please beware. Don't ever stay there!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Hattilicious
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Despite all of the negative reviews given to this hotel, it really isn't as bad as many make it seem. I am an Extended Stay guest, who has been booked into this hotel since early January. I am using the hotel as my temporary apartment until I can afford the ideal apartments I've set my eyes on. Needless to say, if it was that bad and horrible, I wouldn't of extended my stay for the amount of months I have so far, (5 and a half at the time of this writing).

They offer many fairly priced services and rooms. They have a Park and Ride service for guests needing to go to the airport, rooms for one or minimal nights, rooms for purchase by the week, and rooms for persons planning to stay for a month or so that come equipped with small kitchens. Overall, I've been satisfied from my stay considering the amount of money I've been able to save. It may not be a Trump or a Hilton, but you won't have to pay those types of prices either.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite the side of the Cowtown Bar that is located on the first floor. This bar stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple