“DON'T BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS!!”

DFW Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #73 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Austin, Texas, United States
“DON'T BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family (3 adults, 3 children) stayed here for 2 days leading to our stay at Great Wolf Lodge. We loved it. I booked the room online for $34/night at olotels.com and was very impressed with the hotel. If you book a non-smoking room, you will get a room with a balcony that looks down into the whole hotel. The hotel has a mini golf course (6 holes) that my kids loved. And, since our room was in an excellent location, I could watch my kids without having to be down there with them. They also have an indoor AND outdoor pool, AND a hot tub that is big enough to fit 18 people. The whole layout of the hotel is really neat. There is also an onsite bar called the circle spur that was more like a little night club. They have pool tables, and an excellent waitress (forgot to catch her name, but her old man is the dj) The drinks werent very expensive, and our waitress went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. I never experienced any loud people, or rudeness. While we were there, they even had a wedding being held on-site. I'm not really sure why people gave them a bad review. I have to admit--I was kinda nervous after reading the reviews, but we were on a budget. I guess people expect to have the red carpet rolled out for them for $34. I was very pleased. The only downfalls are the fact that the rooms' comforters and curains don't match; but at the end of the day, who cares?!? lol Then, you have to pay $5/day for a microwave, and $5/day for a fridge...still cheaper than going out to eat. And lastly, the owner has a small dog on site, and there is a hall that sorta smells like it belongs to the dog. Carry some air freshener just in case. OVERALL, I GIVE IT A 10---PRICE, AMENITIES, LOCATION, AND APPEARANCE....I would definitely reccommend this hotel for anyone on a budget, or travelling with family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, but they are non-smoking....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Definitely spend the extra $50-$100 to stay at a nicer hotel rather than this dump. They have a bed bug infestation. The sanitary dept should pay a visit and do a full thorough inspection. If you have an issue they solve it with an upgrade free of charge but bed bugs is a serious issue. Honestly just run away!

4 Thank Dreskee05

Travelers are raving about these Irving hotels

Reviewed March 31, 2013

They are a FRAUD AND NEED TO BE SHUTDOWN . i recently booked my friend a room using my credit card , when she arrived they told her she wldnt be able to check in without my id or card soo she had to use her own id and credit card info . Luckily they refunded my money without cancelation fees! But the next day when i checked my card it said there had been multiple charges made to my account from their hotel . When i call to speak with the manager she was out so i left her a message , called my card company and they told me basically the hotel had to credit my money back because its a prepaid debit . Soo for days i called and called left plenty of meesages and was NEVER CONTACTED BY THE MANAGER WHO IS OBVIOUSLY AVOIDING ME .!!! Just bad busineess., never stayed there amd unfortunately because of this experience NEVER WILL !!

4 Thank 007_grl123
rosecc2, Manager at DFW Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
MS. H
Per our discussion, the rooms booked were non-refunable. The reservation that came via fax had your girlfriends name matching "the" credit card and the next day another reservation was sent with your information and "the" same card that you provided the 3rd party. The additional charge was for smoking in a NON-smoking room that you BOTH were in. I am sorry the pre-paid card company cannot assist you with this matter; but we do make it clear that absoultey no smoking is allowed in a NON smoking room.
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I had a king room but it looked nothing like the pictures. I found 3 different species of bugs in the room. There is radio that plays 24/7 in the lobby and it can be heard clearly in the room. The noise level is very high throughout the hotel. Although there have been updates the rooms are still lacking.
Good news is you get an iron, ironing board and a blow dryer.

5 Thank IAHMom
Hi IAHmom
I am so sorry to hear about your stay. Being a mom, I totally understand wanting a good night rest, again, I apologize. I reseached your folio and room information and nothing was noted in our system. I wish you would have inform the manager on duty. Next time you are in town, please stay at our hotel for 1 night at no cost.
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its airport pickup and its proximity to a TRE station with trains to Dallas (and Fort Worth). The facilities were good for the price and the staff were pleasant and mostly accommodating. The $4.00 breakfast was too late for me(6:30 AM ?) so I can't evaluate it. The West Irving TRE station is 1-2 miles away and a little difficult to get to and from late at night. The airport shuttle will sometimes take their guests, but trips to the airport take priority.

Room Tip: It is in a relatively quiet area, so none of the rooms have much outside noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pperrin
Thank you for choosing us! You are such a wonderful person, take care and be safe on your travels.
Rose Martinez
FortWorth
Reviewed March 17, 2013

i stay here for 2 weeks with my family. i asked a staff member a question and he undoubtedly smelled of weed. it's no wonder the hotel is just okay potheads work there and it's supposed to be a family place as well? if i was manager i'd cut my losses and maybe it would be cleaner too. saying that the front desk staff was nice they should hire more people like the front desk. the rooms were okay, definitely not as clean as i would like. one towel had blood on it EW if it wasnt for my kids having a pretty good time there it would have been an awful stay.

Room Tip: i wouldn't get another room here
4 Thank rene P
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our flight was cancelled so American Airlines said this was the only hotel available.. got there and the hallways were awful! smelled like wet dog. We walked into the room and I was absolutely disgusted. The floors had not even been vacuumed. Went into the restroom and the shower was filthy. I used the restroom and the toilet did not even flush, so I picked up the phone to call the front desk and it didn't even work! I left and got my money back. I do not recommend this place at all!

6 Thank Britney B