“****Not NEW but improved**** (NASCAR trip)”

DFW Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #73 of 77 Hotels in Irving
darrelcc
“****Not NEW but improved**** (NASCAR trip)”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is my second time around and this hotel has improved big time. Dont get me wrong, it was an ok stay last time time but the hotel has changed for the better from the NEW front desk staff to the new outdoor pool. I did have a problem with my phone in the room and went downstairs to notify the desk. As I was letting them know that the phone was not working properly the manager Rose Martinez chimmed in and apologized. She stated she would have someone look at it; within minutes I had maintenance knocking at my door! Now that service. This time I was able to relax in the hot tub and enjoy the music. It was cool to see people from NASCAR staying at the hotel. My buddies & I had a cool time at the hotel, the bar and at NASCAR race.

Room Tip: Suites are 10 bucks more
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank darrelcc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Not the best hotel I have spent the night in but not the worst for under $40.
After travelling for 24 hours glad to get somewhere to sleep after being picked up from the airport by the free shuttle service.
Staff all friendly and helpful and a hot brealkfast buffet for $3 a person.
After spending some time in the car park trying to get my GPS to find where it was it was nice to be approached by the hotel security man.
Down side was the fact the the bed sheets were a little off white??? and were too small for the bed but bearing in mind how tired we were would have slept anywhere.
If you want luxury stay away if you want cheap OK.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank calimagna
Lindale, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Check in was at 3 pm.We got there at 4:30 pmand still had to wait an hour. Most ofthe people who stay there pay by the week and I am sure it does not cost much. I would not let my wife or daughter leave the room without me. If you want the cheapest room in the area this might be it. If you want a nice hotel this is NOT it.

Room Tip: Cheap and you get what you pay for. Not a nice place to stay.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KeithLisaTX

Travelers are raving about these Irving hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2011

rooms: bug infested, dirty and small
security: none, unsafe
customer service: horrible, rude
guest: gangs affiliated, prostitutes, hoes, drunks......etc
I couldn't wouldn't and didn't stay... called the manager for three days without an call back, I ended up going across the street to the LaQuinta a total 360.... I wouldn't recommended no one stay her ever unless you have no morals for yourself....dirty, nasty and unsafe...

Room Tip: No rooms safe in this wanna be hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank natasha k
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I thought since the name "DFW Airport" was in the name this would be a good place. Far from it. the TVs are 10 years old, not flatscreen and very fuzzy. The room service was OK, but the management at the desk looks like "kids" who just got their GED or are still in school. The bathrooms are tiny and getting shabby. When we entered the room there was no remote. The "kid" at the front desk looked for one and never found one. Sent one up later but needed batteries. Got lost in downtown Dallas and needed directions back to the hotel. No one there could give us directions. We were on the 4th floor. On the 3rd floor there was a party with drunk college-aged kids who should have been kicked out but weren't. Never again. Never again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Soonerman52
Roanoke, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 11, 2011

First the hotel couldn't find my reservation so I ended up paying for a room twice. I'm fairly certain a lil' wayne concert just let out and everyone decided to meet in the halls afterwards. When we got to our floor it smelled like marijuana. I found a joint on the floor in the hallway. The room was disguisting. The towels were yellow. We felt unsafe and I would never stay there again. Someone should pay YOU to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tiffany2620
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels around the world and I was just told that this place is a 4 star hotel. I beg to differ. We are here doing the extended stay thing. The valet carts came up missing about 3weeks ago (all 6 of them). I am a 9/11survivor and came out with a broken back and blown out discs. I am more fortunate than others that fay in NY. Anyway we only have a cooler that we keep our drinks in. I walked in and found a valet cart, grabbed it and put my big cooler on to go fill it with ice. I was stopped by Rose saying that other guests at the front needed it. I told her no problem that I needed to take it and drop off my cooler and that I would take it to the front afterwards. She started rambling on about going room to room looking for the other carts and asked me my room number. She at this point was being very rude. If at anytime we use a cart we always take it back to its place in the front. At this moment she is on the radio telling security that I have a cart and started walking off. Once you sign the app to stay here you become a 3rd rate citizen and a statistic at the same time. We are staying here because our house in dallas is being remodeled. We are a late 40s couple, we do not complain about little things and we don’t make trouble. There are drug dealers and hoes all over and they do nothing about it. Our security latch has been missing since day one. It seems that everything falls on deaf ears. So if you like drugs and hoes you feel right at home.

• Stayed October 2011