“Great stay”

Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Irving, Texas
“Great stay”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed hear visiting friends in Irving. Good location and good service an would recommend highly. Room was big and comfortable and the wifi worked great. The breakfast had a good selection and the attendant was very attentive.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
East Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel is the best. We stay here often and find it to be perfect for us. The value is just right for our budget, not too expensive but not so cheap which can be a good thing in many cases. We find it cozy, clean, and the staff is always so helpful. We love the Christmas tree at Christmas time. We love the lobbey as it is always so inviting and homey (if that's a word). I love that the rooms are all inside. We love the breakfast room.
Well, the layout is perfect for us. I come here to Dallas often to see the kids and grandkids. I like to stay here even though I'm always welcome at their homes. It's just a good deal all the way around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here twice (at the beginning and end of a 10 day trip).

Upon our first arrival – we were extremely jetlagged, had nothing booked and took a chance using the (genius) self-serve, touch-screen booking service at the baggage claim area of DFW airport. It rings directly through to the hotel of your choice, we made a booking and the receptionist (Blanca) advised us of which area outside the airport to stand (that was the closest to us) for the free shuttle pick up.

We were fortunate that we were picked up straight away (I guess, from reading other reviews – this can be a bit hit and miss – we waited longer our second time, but we knew what to expect, so we weren’t worried).

Check-in was quick, we can’t praise Blanca enough – she was great assisting us over the phone and then with our needs when we checked in! Not realising this was a Best Western Hotel & Suites – we were pleasantly surprised by the extra room (literally – it’s like having an extra room – with a sofa and coffee table) and the spacious bathroom.

We slept well that night – the bed was king sized and comfortable – we had no issues with noise from outside or from other guests and woke up feeling fresh the next morning (we had just flown in from Europe – so a good nights sleep was needed!).

Breakfast the next morning consisted of a choice of bagels, bread and biscuits (or scones if you’re not American!), a sausage (possible vegetarian?) scrambled eggs, jams, peanut butter, juices, teas and coffee. There were also two (self-serve) waffle irons, which was a novelty for me, but easy enough to use.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and upon checking out after the first night – we made a reservation for the end of our trip and we received the same level of service and professionalism the second time round.

We decided if we ever end up flying through DFW airport again – this will be our hotel of choice!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I picked this Best Western for a quick weekend get away for us. It was a great central location for us as we did most of our shopping in Grapevine the first day, then traveled down to Arlington to go to Six Flags the second day. We were given a great rate for a King bedroom suite. The breakfast was a little disappointing as I have had better at different Best Westerns we have stayed at. However, we did go downstairs for breakfast later in the morning when it was almost time for them to close down breakfast. Overall, I definitely recommend this Best Western for a short stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stopped here based on the "Best Western" name and I wasn't disappointed. Here is a comfortable and affordable resting place near the airport. As in most hotels, if you put the room A/C on constant fan & high, you do not hear any annoying noises. Breakfast was good as the other Best Western places I stayed at this week.

Room Tip: Top floor always guarantees that there's no "clomp clomp" from others walking on your...
Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kuwait
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel in our way back from our vacation. It is a nice and the rooms were very clean. The breakfast was good. The staff are friendly, and it is very close to DFW airport. I really recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2012

...stayed here as a last minute booking via a 3rd party website:

Pros:

-clean
-well maintained
-relatively up-to-date

Cons:

-shuttle service extremely slow
-breakfast was just OK
-really nothing special

I stayed here several nights. When I arrived at the airport, I called the hotel regarding a shuttle as soon as I was at the curb. Half an hour later I needed to repeat the call, and then within an additional 20 minutes the shuttle came. What bothered me is the fact that other hotel shuttle buses came 2, 3, 4 times while I was waiting, and after starting with about 100 people at the curb, I was alone when I was finally picked up. To add insult to injury, there were 4-6 shuttle buses parked in their lot when we pulled in. The problem was not enough buses, but just that they did not plan very well.

Good, breakfast what similar. The offering was fine, but on a busy weekend there were absolutely no tables. I stood and drank coffee until one was free, the following day I just shared with a nice family that invited me to sit. It would have been as simple as setting up some card tables, but again...

Summary: The hotel is clean, up-to-date and the staff seemed friendly. If you are looking for a business-hotel like experience, though, you will be disappointed.

Was it worth the money I paid ? I honestly don't think so, compared to the 3-star rating. I've done a lot better for less.

I hope this review helps someone to make a good decision.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MehulDFW, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind words regarding our facility; our staff takes great pride in the cleanliness.

That said, I apologize for our shuttle issues. This is the only area we outsource, and has been one with regular issues. For this reason, we have just changed our service provider effective September 1.

We hope that between this & the breakfast (which we will address in our forthcoming renovation), we will have the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Regards.

Mehul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Comfort Suites DFW Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Been to Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites? Share your experiences!