“Average”

Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Irving
“Average”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed here overnight before catching my flight. Very clean. Nice rooms. Shuttle took us to the airport without problems. My truck stayed there without issues. Didn't use any of the hotels services, since only here for a few hours.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Gavinnailbender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stay at Best Westerns most of the time when I am traveling. This is honestly one of the most disappointing I've ever stayed in. The pluses were the friendly staff and the big room. Now, the minuses, which are many. If you get a queen suite, only 1/2 of each bed is safely usable. One bed is against the heating/cooling unit, and the other bed is against the archway separating the sleeping area from the sitting area. The bathroom was a real treat. The door opens in and literally rubs against the toilet. There is no way that two people could operate, it's barely big enough for one. The tv in our room was not only not high def, it was an old crt unit. You know those, the older bulky, heavy tvs. The carpet in our room was badly stained.
Now for out of the room. The breakfast was adequate, only because I'm in a generous mood today. Honestly, I have had much better at other Best Westerns in this state. The "Business Center" actually has a typewriter in it. It also has an old Dell Optiplex running Windows XP. The laser printer streaks paper so bad that I'm not totally sure we can print our boarding passes later today. The high speed internet is incredibly slow in the afternoon and evening. I tested it a couple of times You want a room on the back side of the facility. You're going to hear the flights from DFW no matter what, but at least at the back you won't hear the traffic noise from the highway out front.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are much quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank boilers78
MehulDFW, Owner at Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for your experience.

To address the amenity items that you have mentioned, we will be commencing a renovation of the Hotel in the coming weeks.

Is there anything that we can do for you at this stage? Your satisfaction is important to us; we endeavor to utilize the feedback you have provided to implement improvements.
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My family was stranded in Dallas during Hurricane Irene trying to get home to Philadelphia area. Airlines advised they did not have a flight for us and suggested we book hotel room for 2 days. We booked at Best Western, Irving, TX for 2 nights. After our first night stay and well into the second day, we managed to secure a flight to Baltimore and only had a little more than 2-1/2 hours to get to the airport and pass security. BW personnel procured the shuttle while we hastily packed. We quickly paid our bill, ran out the door, hopped into the shuttle and made the flight. It was only during the flight that we realized we were only charged for the one night. We want to thank the BW folks for their excellent service and hospitality during our quick stay in Dallas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lindo1319711
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I prepaid for this hotel room as part of a flight-hotel package with an online travel agency. The price was *very* reasonable based on the property's distance from the airport (about 2 miles). I was shocked when arrived and found out that the room was a *suite*. It was huge!! There was a king sized bed/TV (not a flat screen) on the far side of the room, then a separate living area with couch, coffee table and desk in the middle, then a small partition with a mini fridge/microwave/coffee maker and bathroom by the door when you walk in. It's too bad I was only staying one night! They even provided a bottle of water. The AC worked well if you put it on high, but it was very noisy.

The biggest disappointment was breakfast, which had been one of the reasons I chose this hotel. According to the woman who checked me in the breakfast hours were 6:30-9:30 and I arrived at 8am. The only hot items were make-your-own waffles and some type of mini taquito thing with salsa. When I arrived there were NO muffins left, there were 2 bananas (the only fruit), and the only other items available were bread to make toast (jam and butter provided) and 4 types of cereal with milk (plus juice/coffee/tea). This type of breakfast is very out-of-line with my experience at other properties of this type and in this price range. I ended up eating a protein bar I had with me along with some toast and a bowl of cereal. Based on this alone I would not stay at the property again since having a free breakfast is something I count on when I stay at an airport hotel.

I didn't use the pool but could see it from my room--it looked small but nice enough.

All in all a good property if you're not counting a decent breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor. The elevator was slow but the room was quiet. I overlooked the pool but...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
BestWesternNorth, Manager at Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed here for a couple nights. I was pleasantly suprised by this Best Western (BW). It was well kept and clean, given the slight age. I found the bed comfortable and linens/towels fresh and clean. Bathroom/Shower/tub were equally clean. This is certainly not a Hyatt, Hilton or upper end Mariott, but is very good for the Best Western chain. The airport shuttle was a little slow on pickup from airport, but very timely for departure to the airport. Swimming pool was clean too. Breaksfast was included, but a little limiting on offerings. Waffle maker was very good. Also had various cold cereal and instant oatmeal, along with serveral pastries and toast. Juice was concentrate, and coffee a bit strong for my taste, but breakfast is included in rate, so I can't complain too much.

Only negative I could really find was the close proximity to the airport. You can hear the early morning flight engine departures, but not enough to really wake you. The airport seems to have very few or no flights after 10 PMish, or at least I heard nothing and pretty quiet thoughout the nights I was there.

There are no restaurants nearby or within walking distance. The nearest town of Grapevine about 4-5 miles west have plenty of restaurants and many choices.

Internet access is both wireless, and cabled, with reasonable speed, and FREE.

I will surely stay here again.

Room Tip: Search kayak.com to find bests rates for this one
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternNorth, Manager at Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time and responding with your review regarding your stay at our property.Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and ways to improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Thank you again for taking the time.
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed here one night before our trip to Disney World because it was close to the airport and offered a shuttle. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE! The desk clerks were rude and impatient. When I turned down the sheets for my daughter there were HAIRS in the bed. YUCK. So I checked the other bed and there were HAIRS in it as well. Not to mention the mattresses were very lumpy. I called the front desk and he said I could change the sheets myself or he would give us another room. Our 2nd room didn't have hair in the bed but was dirty. Bath tub had specks of something in it, the microwave had smudges all over , the furniture hadn't been dusted. Needless to say we were happy to check out the next morning!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.Thank you again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Although this hotel meets the basic need of a place to stay close to DFW, the beds made it impossible to sleep. They looked clean, but they were hard, lumpy and very old. We had a suite with a king bed and a sleeper sofa for our teen daughter, and the "mattress" on the sofa bed was about 2 inches thick - very uncomfortable. The hotel shuttle should have been conveniant, but it picked us up at the hotel and then went to 3 other hotels, plus 4 other terminals before we finally got to our terminal - we were extremely lucky that we had already checked in with the airline and the security line was really short, otherwise we would have missed our 7 AM flight. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
BestWesternNorth, Manager at Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments and bringing this to our attention.

I am very disappointed by the problems you experienced during your stay. Our hotel will be undergoing renovations of the guest rooms in the near future. We are also working closely with the airport shuttle company to find ways to better serve our guests, and not just do what is in their best interest.

At this stage, is there anything we can do to help remedy your experience?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Comfort Suites DFW Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Been to Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites? Share your experiences!