- Food is simply cooked, very well executed every time. I have been to this bare bone place for more than 10 times, tried almost everything available on menu and nothing yet to disappoint me. You can either do take out or sit at tables after paying for food at the counter. Only advantage sitting there is you can have Indian yogurt bottles from the fridge while eating.
- Biriyani is the best. I prefer chicken Biriyani because of lower price and more meat in each order of $4.99, a portion big enough for two people. Mutton Biriyani is also available but I prefer spicy, yummy Mutton curry with a separate order for white rice (again very cheap but very flavorful with some fried onion in white rice for 1.99$ I think).
- I also tried Chicken curry, Chicken or goat gizzard curry and even vegetable/dahl soup is delicious. Samosa is also available.
- From grilled section, I have tried chicken Tandoori, Seekh kabab (minced meat) and lastly "25 cent" chicken wings. They are good alternative to good curry dishes described above.
- As already described a bit, price is very reasonable without compromising the taste or portion. Everything under $10.
- Owner is always smiling, takes all orders himself and going back to kitchen to bring food back to you. He even used to let customers eat while it is hot and collect money later. Now, I think after some problems, we now need to pay at the counter before he handed over food. Again, fairly enough. Amazingly, this husband and wife team is running the place as well as cooking the whole day, everyday without making any mess up with food.
Thing could improve:
- Waiting time is a bit long because the owner takes all orders and deliver food himself most of the time. Of course, his wife, while supervising the kitchen or even young adults (in 20s) helpers can deliver simple order of food to customers.
In summary, this small place is selling good "take out" style food with very reasonable price. Food is a class above other more fine dining, top TA rated Indian restaurants in Irving.