“Amazing Place in Irving?!”

Jefferson Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Irving B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were surprised by how much our expectations were exceeded upon arrival. Perfect place, I am so happy to have chosen Jefferson Street B&B over any in Dallas. The innkeepers were incredibly sweet and Breakfast in our room was incredible! Thank you for a wonderful time! You cannot find a better place for this price anywhere around Dallas. The tree suite was amazing!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wendee13
There are newer reviews for Jefferson Street Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed January 19, 2011

My company had booked me at the 512 Jefferson St. Bed and Breakfast while I was in Irving on business. It could be that I prefer the security of a major hotel but it isn't in the best part of town and it made me nervous that the private entrance door to the room was 50% glass which I felt could be broken into easily. I did not have breakfast because I was never told where to go to get it and I thought it should be provided in the written info. I did get in late the first night and the owner did bring me a bowl of soup which was nice. and my luggage was lost so the owner also brought me a T shirt to sleep in and a toothbrush which was nice. The walk way to the parking lot was filled with so much stuff that I could barely walk through it which takes away from the place as well, including an empty bathtub on the side of the parking lot. I didnt see any of the other suites, so they may have been nicer. My room was the frontier room which could have done without the pine tree in the corner of the room that does nothing but collect dust and I didn't like seeing the gun hanging up on the wall. My friend visited me from the area and felt the room was very masculine, maybe should be reserved for male guest. I expected more based on the website pictures. The hair dryer would overheat every 30 seconds and I wouldnt even attempted to use the antique iron. I stayed 3 nights and no one even emptied my garbage.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank djr209
Reviewed January 1, 2011

My husband and I live locally and have never heard of this B&B until I started looking for a mini get away from our kids. We stayed 3 nights in the Gulf Coast room with the in room jacuzzi. The room was clean, well decorated, and they were very thoughtful in the little extras (nail files, bath salts, back scratchers, ect). The pictures on their web site do not do their rooms justice. The owners were delightful and responsive. We actually chatted with them for 2 hrs one night about their bed and breakfast and they showed us several of their other rooms when we requested. It was obvious when they built the B&B they put a lot of thought and detail in each room. The in room hot tub for two was well worth it! The breakfast was worth the extra money. We had it delivered to our room every morning at 10:30. The breakfast was hot, delicious, and right on time. We would have loved to try the soup but we weren't in our rooms at the right time. I thought that was a nice touch for them to offer it. They also offered free sodas and bottled water which was great! The B&B is located in the historic district of Irving. The location is perfect if you want to visit both Dallas or Ft. Worth. We will definitely be coming back here and we recommend you try it out too!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Beautiful room, nice comfy bed! Served a wonderful soup with a variety of choices. The hot tub was nice. Very quiet and close to places. Owners were very nice and gave great advice on places to eat and travel to the cowboys game. Will definitely stay there again when visiting Dallas!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed in the Frontier Suite and found the room absolutely wonderful, more than what we ever expected. The actual BnB was just off the road with excellent parking, very quiet and very secure, felt very safe and extremely happy staying there, didn't want to leave.
Tom and Lee were first class with the hospitality, thoroughly enjoyed chatting with them and they looked after us to the highest degree of quality and satisfaction.

We were specifically looking for a Bed and Breakfast not a hotel as we wanted the personal touch which we definitely received.

I would recommend this BnB to anyone wishing to travel to Irving or near to Dallas, perfect for travelling to and from, centrally located too.

A fabulous stay which we hope to repeat next year.

Tracey & Jamie

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My girlfriend and I visited for a weekend and were very impressed with the service and friendliness of the staff, as well as the very nice room. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Dallas isnt a city of: great place to visit, but you wouldnt want to live there. Rather I dont want to visit either. It is a stressful place, with stressful traffic and expensive pretensions. That being said, business does take me there from time to time. I always search for the closest lodging possible. Business took me to Irving. Few lodging possibilities beyond the Motel 6 arrangment. I found online the Jefferson St B&B nestled in a quaint old Iriving neighborhood. What a gem. Large and comfortable rooms well appointed, well decorated and totally GREEN with special A/C and water heating systems, low VOC paints etc. A No Smoking policy certainly aids in the quality of your stay. Although breakfast is available for an additional fee, I didnt utilize it and visited the nearby Joes Coffee Shop. Only two issues: 1. There wasnt anyone on site. Should not be a problem if someone answered one of the 4 telephone numbers. Messages left were not returned. I finally reached someone who at first didnt know what I was talking about, but was pleasant. 2. This is purely esthetics, but with the nice antiques and other decorations, a large fake plant is not necessary and only collects dust. Other than these two issues, I offer no further complaints. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and if I was forced to live in Dallas, I can see Irving as a place to be. Easy access to downtown.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Hilton Arlington
Hilton Arlington
#1 of 62 in Arlington
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South

Been to Jefferson Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!