SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Houston
“Business Travel”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at this property overnight on business and was happy with the accommodations. Check-in was easy, and the room was spacious. There is a couch, another chair, a desk, and a small "kitchenette" with a small fridge, a microwave and a coffee pot. The bathroom area was split - tub/shower and commode in an enclosed area, and the sink area right outside. There was a large walk-in closet as well. I was surprised there was room service. I was actually a little nervous driving in, because I traveled from the airport via taxi, and there is nothing within walking or shuttle distance in terms of dining. The only criticism is that I ordered room service (burger and fries) at 8:30, and had not received it after more than an hour. I was working, so the time got away from me, so I called room service to inquire on the delay. The attendant was very gracoius, and offered to comp my meal. I wasn't happy about eating so late, but I won't hold that experience against the hotel. Stuff happens. There is an airport shuttle every hour on the hour. Just be sure to let them know if you flew out of Love Field; the shuttle only goes to DFW. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TinyTexan05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brockton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I was a bit disappointed when I checked in here, as my first stay in a Springhill property was a fabulous new facility in Alexandria. The A/C unit was one of the loudest I've ever heard, to the point where it made sleeping difficult. The shuttle to DFW was convenient and the driver picked me up with an ice cold water - much appreciated on a hot day. Be advised if you're trying to catch an early flight though that the first shuttle will not leave the property untl 6am. A nice friendly bar and adequate breakfast helps make this slightly above average. A good value.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Eric L
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

This is our regular choice of hotel when in Dallas metroplex with family. Stayed here last night with 3 rooms; 426, 428, and 435. We come back again and again because we are very content with the service, amenities, location, product, and love for Marriott when traveling in large groups.

Unfortunately, I was very bummed out with the maid knocking on our door at 8:30am when we had a do not disturb sign. Then I spoke with the other family members in other rooms and before I mentioned the small incident they BOTH also complained about the same issue with one of their rooms getting opened! She needs to be let go or trained on the basics. If she cleaned our rooms too then she did great with that part.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tulsee N
Hendersonville
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Whenever I'm in Dallas (we have a processing center here) I stay at this hotel. Great facility. Great staff. Always welcome.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mikebaer
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days during a business trip. Not much to do around the facility without a vehicle went to the local outlet mall one night. Not too bad!

Breakfast was good and hot, fruit was fresh.

Front desk staff were very polite, friendly, and very helpful.

Rooms seem a little outdated especially the TVs in the rooms , which you have to turn - and they do not turn all the way!

Clean rooms however, would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank krileykat
Saratoga, CA
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Shute service not available after 10pm, call when you land not after you have your luggage. This was not a good value. We argued with the taxi driver for 10 minutes that there was NO hotel shuttle- all the other hotels pick up until 11.

Suite California sized.

• Stayed April 2012
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I was in Irving on business and had the pleasure of staying at the Marriott property. I will give you quick bullets on the stay:

* Great location--hotel is within 15min of DFW and off of major highway. Also has great access to retail shopping pad.

* Food--there is room service available ( I did not use) s well as restaurants (variety) within a 3 min driving distance. I had Chinese food delivered to the hotel and it was wonderful. Breakfast is a great offering. There are waffles, cereal (hot/cold), yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, potato hash, biscuits/gravy, cranberry juice, orange juice. There are also "to go" containers available.

* Fitness--there is a fitness center (very small) that will allow you to get the work out done. there are treadmills (2) and elliptical (1), free weights and a balance ball. The great news is there is a LA Fitness that is 2-3 minutes away driving--or you can run/jog there if weather permits.

* Room--The room was overall very clean and all of my requirements per my Marriott profile were in room.

*Customer Service-- The staff was excellent. I was greeted upon arrival. All of my questions were answered. The staff goes above and beyond to service its guests.

I would stay here again when traveling.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business