“Perfect Business Experience in Irving”

SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving
Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I don't usually give 5 stars to a non-resort, non-luxury hotel but this hotel exceeded expectations that it warrants it.

The hotel is located in Irving, fairly close to DFW and walking distance to some office buildings in the area.

First, the staff was amazing. Helpful in all areas, friendly and try to ensure you have a pleasant experience.

The rooms were very nice, clean and assume this hotel is fairly new as it looks it.

There is a bar in the hotel - inexpensive beer & wine - and there is a "happy hour" period where food is out. We were able to order takeout and have delivered and eat in the bar / restaurant area. The staff was very helpful in finding the restaurants that would deliver.

Lots of free things - wireless, breakfast, shuttle service - and the perfect place to use as a base when doing the business in the DFW area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family and three other families stayed at the Springhill suites in Irving over the weekend. This hotel is located out of the way among office buildings and not easily found if you are not familiar with the area. But the location is within minutes of most shopping, restaurants, and other things to do. We were there for a family get together and our group included children from the age of 4 to 17. The pool area is small but not many guest were there so they had the pool pretty much to themselves. The hotel staff was extremely helpful. The hotel was clean and I am very picky about cleaniness of a hotel. The beds were very comfortable. I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and for business purposes and a quick weekend get away this is a nice property to stay at for a reasonable price. I definitely will stay there on return visits.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have stayed here a few times because of the closeness to Six Flags. This hotel has a great staff, modern decor, and very comfortable beds. My family and I enjoy our stay everytime and is the hotel of choice for us.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The closest you can get to a resort type of a stay! The food was good and the grounds were well manicured. The rooms were very comfitable, and the staff and personal were the tops. Will like to stay here again if I ever get back to the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Convenient to DFW airport, but not directly under the noisy flight path like the hotels closer to Grapevine. Sits in an office park with a high vacancy rate so quiet during the day, might as well be on a desert island at night. Convenient to all Las Colinas shopping, restaurants and corporate offices; but you can't walk anywhere because there are no sidewalks so make sure you have a car. They have a bar, but it's only open Mon-Thurs.

The property seems relatively new, so clean and modern with high ceilings. I've stayed in newer SpringHill locations and also in much older SpringHill locations, so this is really a middle-of-the-road property for a SpringHill.

I would otherwise give it a 4-circle rating, but they get a mandatory deduction for the outdated square TV's. Come on guys, gimme a break...buy some HDTVs already.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My colleagues and I frequent this hotel quite regularly. I've probably logged over 50 nights at this hotel. It's not a five-start resort, it's a Springhill. But it's the best Springhill I've stayed at. They have a decent market, a kitchen and a bar folks! It's location is perfect, right between DFW airport and Love Field in Dallas. It's a mile away from MacArthur and all the dining and bars you could want. I prefer not to stay in Dallas when I travel because they kill you on parking, and Dallas is a dump. Las Colinas is a perfect midway point, and it only takes me 15 minutes in rush hour to travel to our office off of Stemmons Freeway. I recommend this hotel to anyone who travels and isn't looking for ridiculous accomodations, (sure the Four Seasons is great, but it's not practical).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We were greeted by quite possibly the most cheery and chipper desk person I have ever met. The room was set up in a suite style with a wet bar, couch, and desk on one side, and the bed and bathroom on the other side. The TV sat between the two halves and swiveled so it could be seen from either side. It was a 25" standard definition tube TV. There was also a mini fridge and microwave in the wet bar area. I was able to easily connect to the free wifi, which seemed to have a decent speed.

The free breakfast in the morning was very nice, with hot selections including eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, make-your-own Belgian waffles, and biscuits and gravy. There were plenty of cold selections, including fruit, cereal, and muffins. Overall, it was one of the better breakfasts I've had at a hotel.

I was there on business, and it was extremely convenient to the Irving area and to the airport. However, there was almost nothing within walking distance from the hotel.

My only disappointment was when we informed the front desk clerk that we only needed to stay one night, instead of the two for which we had reserved it for. She informed us that our corporate rate of $79/night would no longer be valid and we'd have to pay almost double the price ($149/night) for our single night's stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business