“We enjoyed it and would go back”

SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving
Ranked #34 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have stayed here a few times because of the closeness to Six Flags. This hotel has a great staff, modern decor, and very comfortable beds. My family and I enjoy our stay everytime and is the hotel of choice for us.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed May 3, 2011

The closest you can get to a resort type of a stay! The food was good and the grounds were well manicured. The rooms were very comfitable, and the staff and personal were the tops. Will like to stay here again if I ever get back to the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Convenient to DFW airport, but not directly under the noisy flight path like the hotels closer to Grapevine. Sits in an office park with a high vacancy rate so quiet during the day, might as well be on a desert island at night. Convenient to all Las Colinas shopping, restaurants and corporate offices; but you can't walk anywhere because there are no sidewalks so make sure you have a car. They have a bar, but it's only open Mon-Thurs.

The property seems relatively new, so clean and modern with high ceilings. I've stayed in newer SpringHill locations and also in much older SpringHill locations, so this is really a middle-of-the-road property for a SpringHill.

I would otherwise give it a 4-circle rating, but they get a mandatory deduction for the outdated square TV's. Come on guys, gimme a break...buy some HDTVs already.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My colleagues and I frequent this hotel quite regularly. I've probably logged over 50 nights at this hotel. It's not a five-start resort, it's a Springhill. But it's the best Springhill I've stayed at. They have a decent market, a kitchen and a bar folks! It's location is perfect, right between DFW airport and Love Field in Dallas. It's a mile away from MacArthur and all the dining and bars you could want. I prefer not to stay in Dallas when I travel because they kill you on parking, and Dallas is a dump. Las Colinas is a perfect midway point, and it only takes me 15 minutes in rush hour to travel to our office off of Stemmons Freeway. I recommend this hotel to anyone who travels and isn't looking for ridiculous accomodations, (sure the Four Seasons is great, but it's not practical).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We were greeted by quite possibly the most cheery and chipper desk person I have ever met. The room was set up in a suite style with a wet bar, couch, and desk on one side, and the bed and bathroom on the other side. The TV sat between the two halves and swiveled so it could be seen from either side. It was a 25" standard definition tube TV. There was also a mini fridge and microwave in the wet bar area. I was able to easily connect to the free wifi, which seemed to have a decent speed.

The free breakfast in the morning was very nice, with hot selections including eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, make-your-own Belgian waffles, and biscuits and gravy. There were plenty of cold selections, including fruit, cereal, and muffins. Overall, it was one of the better breakfasts I've had at a hotel.

I was there on business, and it was extremely convenient to the Irving area and to the airport. However, there was almost nothing within walking distance from the hotel.

My only disappointment was when we informed the front desk clerk that we only needed to stay one night, instead of the two for which we had reserved it for. She informed us that our corporate rate of $79/night would no longer be valid and we'd have to pay almost double the price ($149/night) for our single night's stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2010

This was a fine place to stay for one night while in Dallas solo on business. The hotel is surrounded by office parks so you'll need a car to get anywhere. Very straightforward budget-oriented hotel that despite the name is not really suites--just big and spacious rooms. Checkin was prompt and friendly. The room was spacious and clean with a comfy sofa and a wet bar that had a fridge and I think a microwave. Free wired and wifi and plenty of free parking. The exercise room has a couple of treadmills and other cardio stuff but no weights, next to the decent sized indoor pool. Hot buffet breakfast until 9:30 with good selection--waffles, scrambled and boiled eggs, breakfast meats and so on. The hotel isn't particularly new--the tube TV is a giveaway--but it didn't show much signs of wear. Hard to find a fault with this hotel other than maybe a little out of the way.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We have had several "staycations" at this hotel over the years - first starting when it was JUST opened. It is close to Grapevine AND Dallas so we have used it as a center spot for quick getaways.

We stay on the weekend when it is pretty empty and the prices are AWESOME! The hotel is clean and well kept and most all of the employees have been very helpful. The breakfast in the morning is simple but more than enough (waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit and pastries.) The kids love the indoor pool - which is especially nice in the wintertime.

I have recommended it to several friends. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family