Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
Orbitz.com
$445
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdfw airportgreat hotelroom was cleanfitness centerhotel restaurantshuttle servicebusiness tripan early flightrental carconvenient locationdallas areafront desk staffhgijessewhataburgerdriverinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My family and I travel up to Dallas via DFW monthly (or more) to visit family. We normally stay in the north central part of Dallas. We decided to try this Garden Inn due to it's proximity to the DFW South Gate and Rental Car facilities. We were very pleasantly surprised with the airport proximity (no highway; a pleasant 1 1/2 miles on a quiet road), quality and cleanliness of the facility, and the superb service we received. Of particular note was Mr. Tony Philips. Mr. Phillips was working the desk when we checked in and he was very cheerful, helpful, attentive. He provided a restaurant recommendation along with directions (and knowledge of the menu) and could hold his own with the concierge staff at any full service hotel that we've been to. The rooms were pretty standard as far as size. The facility, however, was one of the best I've been to as far as cleanliness, service, and organization. Nothing out of place, nothing out of order. The only meals we had at the property were breakfast both days and this was very well done. Again, cleanliness and organization reigned. Would recommend to travelers passing through DFW or meeting someone there as well as someone visiting Dallas or Forth Worth who wants to stay by DFW. The drive to the rental car return from this hotel is shorter than from the on-airport Hyatt hotels. My compliments to the HGI DFW South team on running such a fine facility.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I thoroughly enjoy staying at the Hilton Garden Inn-DFW. From the point of check-in, the hotel employees do everything they can to help you feel welcome. The rooms are ample sized and the bedding and bathroom are just right. The meeting rooms can be accomodated to fit a variety of business or religious service needs. The dining area is very comfortable and will allow you to mix well with others. There is even shuttle service to/from the airport. They only drawback is that this location is somewhat of a distance from downtown Dallas. However, there can be a lot to see in the area including Grapevine.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed while he was on business. Needless to say, this was my "second home." The staff, particularly the General Manager was the consumate host. He and all the other staff members made our stay one of the best we have ever experienced in a Hilton, or any other hotel of this calibar, for that matter. We are from California and loved the southern hospitality of the staff here; however, we know all of them went out of their way to make us feel at home. My husband is a retired high school math teacher of 33 years and I am a school principal. We felt like the "bell of the ball" here at the Hilton Garden Inn. We would highly recommend this to anyone traveling for either leisure or business.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2010

This is a standard Hilton Garden Inn, but what makes it stand apart is the way you are treated. From the moment you pick the phone up at the airport on arrival, until they take you back to the airport, you are treated like a person.
When I phoned the hotel on arrival at DFW, I was asked for my name and from then on you are referred to by name, when the shuttle arrives at the terminal, when you arrive at the hotel etc. You are also asked for you Cell/Mobile phone number when you call from the terminal, this is so they can contact you if the shuttle is going to be delayed (Although you need a USA phone for this to happen). The shuttle was prompt and the driver courteous.
Check-in at the hotel was also prompt and courteous.
There is the usual HGI restaurant, close by is a WhatABurger and there is also a small shopping centre with a Liquor store a little way down the road that runs down the side of the hotel. There is not much to do in the area, but then this is an Airport Hotel
The return to the airport was also prompt, with the driver reading your name from your luggage and addressing you from then on by name.
It’s unusual for me not to find a negative in a hotel, so it’s nice for once to write a totally positive review.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Just stayed here last week for two nights. This hotel was great. Room was clean and comfortable and the wireless internet service was flawless. The fitness center was small but equipment was nice. The food was good (although we only had breakfast here). The evening staff was very friendly and helpful, but the morning staff could have used a used a few more cups of coffee (by the way, I love the fact that Hiltons serve Starbucks.... I like my java strong). The location is really convenient to the airport, which is nice if you have an early flight out.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business