“A GOOD EXPERIENCE” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Sydney, Australia
“A GOOD EXPERIENCE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

After a 14-hour flight from Australia we were in need of really good hotel. At Hilton we were not disappointed: we were greeted in a friendly manner and found our room to be large, clean and comfortable. We wanted to have a whistle-stop visit to downtown Dallas and the hotel arranged an excellent ride for us. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. However, one note of warning: we exited the DFW terminal and waited for 20 minutes for the hotel shuttle without success. Finally, we had to use our Australian mobile phone to call the hotel, who advised us that you have to call the hotel to get a shuttle pick-up. If you don't have access to a phone you could be in some difficulty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I selected this hotel due to location to rental car facility at airport. I had a very early flight and wanted to be as close as possible. I was not expecting a very new and pleasant property with a very charming layout and outside areas that included food, beverage, a fire pit and large water fountain. The appearance is very nice, the rooms large and all was very clean and new appearing. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will stay here on my next trip back to Dallas.

Room Tip: I was away from highway, the hotel sits back off the highway, don't know if that matters or not...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the hotel after a 5 hour drive so we were already very sleepy and crabby but overall happy to be at the beautiful hotel. Richard Bilinski was the guest srevice rep on duty. Upon arrival Richard seemed kinda irritated to be working that late and looked at us several times without greeting. After standing in front of him waiting till he finished whatever he was doing, he began to check us in. Richards' tone was cold and sharp. I asked him if he was from New York and he confirmed and I replied " Yep. I can tell." At that moment he noticed I was a little pissy and tried to make his servce a little more pleasant.

The next morning, we decided to have breakfast at the hotel and Francisca just made matters worst. As we tried to make our omlette order she grew fussy at each request. My husband asked for a waffle and once it was done, it was stuck to the waffle iron, and Francisca proceeded to peel the waffle from the iron with her HAND and not a fork. I was very disgusted.

While my husband got coffee to-go, the morning front desk clerk asked if we slept well. I began to tell her that my husbands side of the bed was very soft and mine was really hard and she interjected " I'm sorry ma'am, we have the sleep number bed, didn't the night person tell you?"

I'm very dissapointed. I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Houston, Tx and recieved WONDERFUL service. I was hoping for the same experience. I feel really bad I can't remember the sweet young lady's name that tried to make it all better the next morning, but the bad outwayed the good on this trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
DeAnna H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback; Please accept my sincere apologies about the issues you had at our hotel during your stay. We appreciate that you would take time to write to us because your feedback is very important for our continuing growth in Customer Service here at the Hilton Garden Inn DFW South. Please know that we have addressed the breakfast issues aswell as issues with our Front Desk Agent. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Travel five days a week every week,this hotel has clean rooms,great service and good food. Dominic at front desk is always helpful, housekeeping always on top of things,my fav hotel.
My thanks to entire team!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Streamwood, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Recent hotel refresh was very successful. Everything looked fresh and new. All of the staff that I encountered was very friendly and helpful. Excellent dinner, great food quality but the dinner service was slow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love this hotel - I always stay here when I'm in Dallas. It's a great location, it's very safe, the rooms are nice, great prices, and everyone there is helpful and friendly. A terrific value for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Loganville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice spacious rooms, clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly. The morning made to order breakfast is also good. Considering that it is so close to DFW airport the rooms are quiet. It is only 5 minutes from the airport. There are plenty of resturants within a short drive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Ft. Worth Airport South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving

Been to Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!