Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
$126
$445
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdfw airportgreat hotelroom was cleanfitness centerhotel restaurantshuttle servicebusiness tripan early flightrental carconvenient locationdallas areafront desk staffhgijessewhataburgerdriverinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2013

On-going construction on hotel made for a huge bottleneck of people for checkin/bar area/ and conference rooms. The breakfast buffett items were cold, and the price for breakfast was too high. You are much better off going to the embassy suites across the street.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DeAnna H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and I apologize for the inconvenience our construction has caused. The construction is scheduled to be completed by January 21st. We hope you come back and see our improvements.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel staff here is friendly and accommodating. The local shuttle is prompt and courteous. Despite the good overall appearance of the hotel, I did find a very large (and alive!) cockroach in my room to which I did kill and notify the manager of. He was prompt to tell his maintenance worker and spray accordingly. A light bulb was also burned out on my arrival, however mentioning it to the staff and it was replaced next day.

I ate at the hotel restaurant on multiple occasions, both for breakfast and dinner, and at no time was impressed by the speed...and in fact was regularly surprised at how long a simple meal could take when there was hardly anyone else in the restaurant.

Fitness center is spacious and well equipped though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
DeAnna H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Please accept my sincere apologies about the issues you had at our hotel during your stay. We appreciate that you would take time to write to us because your feedback is very important for our continuing growth in Customer Service here at the Hilton Garden Inn DFW South. Please know that I have spoken personally to our Food and Beverage Manager regarding the restaurant issues and the Chief Engineer regarding the issues you had in your room.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here one night. Room was clean and well furnished. Shortly after I checked in, there was a knock on the door and I was greeted with water, a snack, and chocolate. The hotel also offers shuttle service within 5 miles. I was picked up at the airport, taken to dinner, and taken to work the next morning (even through it was over 5 miles.) The room, which is really a suite, has a refrigerator and microwave. The lobby and restaurant are under construction, even through the hotel is just 5 years old. The fitness center is one of the best I've seen

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was the host hotel for the Army Air Corps/Air Force Pilots Classes of World War II reunion. We are honored to be able to attend this annual event to enjoy the company of these fascinating veterans and their families. Each year I contact the host hotel to find out about their accommodations in general and their provisions for wheelchair reliant guests. As an advocate for mobility challenged travelers and one who periodically requires the use of mobility equipment, I make it a habit to research all of our destination amenities. I made arrangements with the management staff at this Hilton property, in advance. They offer courtesy shuttle service from DFW airport but didn't have a wheelchair lift equipped unit. When I explained that one guest had no ability to access the shuttle without the wheelchair the managers (Deanna Hendrix and Greg Malcolm) secured a vehicle from another hotel for us. I was given the cell phone number of the Manager and once we secured our luggage we called him and he personally came to pick up those guests. Because I called in advance we were able to reserve adjoining rooms, one designed for mobility challenged visitors and one standard King Bed room. The "Handicapped" room was spacious enough to easily accommodate a wheelchair, a small mobility scooter and the walker with plenty of room to move around comfortably. The large bathroom had the standard (for Disability) toilet with raised seat and hand rails as well as a tub/shower with shower seat which could be moved out of the way when not in use. Our standard King Room was very comfortable, the bed offered firmness settings ranging from very firm to softer which we never used since the dial just seemed useless. I am quite certain that if it had been an issue they would have sent an engineer to help us, but, the bed was very comfortable as it was. Our room faced the airport and we were aware of some aircraft noise but it was minimal. The weather while we were there was beastly to say the least. Every morning the weather reporter said that it we would experience record heat so we used the air conditioner a lot and were comfortable when we were in the room. They provide a microwave and small refrigerator, a coffee machine and wired internet access. The decor is unremarkable but the room was comfortable. There is a very nice exercise room with equipment and free-weights, swimming pool and well-equipped business center with computers (including an Apple desktop) and printer. There are several meeting/banquet rooms. There were presentations going on there and in speaking briefly to some of the attendees I was told that they were pleased with the rooms and rates for use of those rooms. The public areas of the hotel are very pleasant and the outdoor grounds include a very pleasant waterfall with seating areas and tables. The room rate included breakfast buffet which was average. They offered eggs, pancakes and waffles cooked to order, pre-made scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, potatoes, French Toasts, Crepes (a couple of times), hot and cold cereals, muffins and other breakfast breads, yogurt/fruit/granola "parfaits", fresh fruit and chilled juices as well as coffee, teas and milk. The managers were even pitching in to help the serving staff to make certain that the service was excellent..impressive! The restaurant is closed after breakfast until 5:00p.m. but there is a little shopping area for microwavable meals, snacks, beverages and forgotten essentials to tide one over until the restaurant reopens or until you can get to one of the nearby shopping areas. We had dinner at the hotel twice and the food was very good although pretty expensive. When we were planning our departure, I spoke with the general manager again who cheerfully agreed to secure a shuttle vehicle again to get us back to the airport. Every person connected with Hilton's Garden Inn, DFW South was cheerful, helpful, happy to be of service, willing to do anything possible to make use feel at home and assure us a trouble free stay. I would stay here again. Kudos to the management and staff! Thank you for making this a great event and vacation!

Room Tip: If you or someone in your group needs a wheelchair accessible room or shuttle, call this property in advance. They are extremely helpful in meeting your needs. There are some adjoining rooms which can be helpful when traveling with seniors.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have never posted a trip advisor review before, however, this time I felt compelled to share my poor experience with others about our recent stay. The person who checked us in when we arrived in the afternoon was inept at best. We waited over an hour for a crib for our infant son that we had scheduled as part of our reservation She failed to set up our wake up call, as requested. Most significantly she failed to give proper information about the shuttle to the airport. She told us it will take us any time ( very different from actual practice which is every half hour). When we arrived at 531am to take the shuttle, the morning person rudely told us the shuttle leaves on the dot and we were late (remember we were not told about the shuttle process AND we did not receive our wake up call). She then refused to do anything about it to accommodate our transportation needs, though we were traveling with an infant and in danger of missing our flight. I don't appreciate rudeness or ineptitude and being a frequent traveler, I've come to expect better of Hilton properties.

The property itself was in good shape, but that was significantly over shadowed by our poor service experience.

Traveling with children is stressful enough and poor service and misinformation about transportation makes it 10x worse. We won't return to this location.

• Stayed: September 2012
DeAnna H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. Please accept my sincere apologies about the issues you had at our hotel during your stay.