“Guest Relations Pushed This Over the Top”

Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Houston, Texas
“Guest Relations Pushed This Over the Top”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here one night. Room was clean and well furnished. Shortly after I checked in, there was a knock on the door and I was greeted with water, a snack, and chocolate. The hotel also offers shuttle service within 5 miles. I was picked up at the airport, taken to dinner, and taken to work the next morning (even through it was over 5 miles.) The room, which is really a suite, has a refrigerator and microwave. The lobby and restaurant are under construction, even through the hotel is just 5 years old. The fitness center is one of the best I've seen

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was the host hotel for the Army Air Corps/Air Force Pilots Classes of World War II reunion. We are honored to be able to attend this annual event to enjoy the company of these fascinating veterans and their families. Each year I contact the host hotel to find out about their accommodations in general and their provisions for wheelchair reliant guests. As an advocate for mobility challenged travelers and one who periodically requires the use of mobility equipment, I make it a habit to research all of our destination amenities. I made arrangements with the management staff at this Hilton property, in advance. They offer courtesy shuttle service from DFW airport but didn't have a wheelchair lift equipped unit. When I explained that one guest had no ability to access the shuttle without the wheelchair the managers (Deanna Hendrix and Greg Malcolm) secured a vehicle from another hotel for us. I was given the cell phone number of the Manager and once we secured our luggage we called him and he personally came to pick up those guests. Because I called in advance we were able to reserve adjoining rooms, one designed for mobility challenged visitors and one standard King Bed room. The "Handicapped" room was spacious enough to easily accommodate a wheelchair, a small mobility scooter and the walker with plenty of room to move around comfortably. The large bathroom had the standard (for Disability) toilet with raised seat and hand rails as well as a tub/shower with shower seat which could be moved out of the way when not in use. Our standard King Room was very comfortable, the bed offered firmness settings ranging from very firm to softer which we never used since the dial just seemed useless. I am quite certain that if it had been an issue they would have sent an engineer to help us, but, the bed was very comfortable as it was. Our room faced the airport and we were aware of some aircraft noise but it was minimal. The weather while we were there was beastly to say the least. Every morning the weather reporter said that it we would experience record heat so we used the air conditioner a lot and were comfortable when we were in the room. They provide a microwave and small refrigerator, a coffee machine and wired internet access. The decor is unremarkable but the room was comfortable. There is a very nice exercise room with equipment and free-weights, swimming pool and well-equipped business center with computers (including an Apple desktop) and printer. There are several meeting/banquet rooms. There were presentations going on there and in speaking briefly to some of the attendees I was told that they were pleased with the rooms and rates for use of those rooms. The public areas of the hotel are very pleasant and the outdoor grounds include a very pleasant waterfall with seating areas and tables. The room rate included breakfast buffet which was average. They offered eggs, pancakes and waffles cooked to order, pre-made scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, potatoes, French Toasts, Crepes (a couple of times), hot and cold cereals, muffins and other breakfast breads, yogurt/fruit/granola "parfaits", fresh fruit and chilled juices as well as coffee, teas and milk. The managers were even pitching in to help the serving staff to make certain that the service was excellent..impressive! The restaurant is closed after breakfast until 5:00p.m. but there is a little shopping area for microwavable meals, snacks, beverages and forgotten essentials to tide one over until the restaurant reopens or until you can get to one of the nearby shopping areas. We had dinner at the hotel twice and the food was very good although pretty expensive. When we were planning our departure, I spoke with the general manager again who cheerfully agreed to secure a shuttle vehicle again to get us back to the airport. Every person connected with Hilton's Garden Inn, DFW South was cheerful, helpful, happy to be of service, willing to do anything possible to make use feel at home and assure us a trouble free stay. I would stay here again. Kudos to the management and staff! Thank you for making this a great event and vacation!

Room Tip: If you or someone in your group needs a wheelchair accessible room or shuttle, call this property in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have never posted a trip advisor review before, however, this time I felt compelled to share my poor experience with others about our recent stay. The person who checked us in when we arrived in the afternoon was inept at best. We waited over an hour for a crib for our infant son that we had scheduled as part of our reservation She failed to set up our wake up call, as requested. Most significantly she failed to give proper information about the shuttle to the airport. She told us it will take us any time ( very different from actual practice which is every half hour). When we arrived at 531am to take the shuttle, the morning person rudely told us the shuttle leaves on the dot and we were late (remember we were not told about the shuttle process AND we did not receive our wake up call). She then refused to do anything about it to accommodate our transportation needs, though we were traveling with an infant and in danger of missing our flight. I don't appreciate rudeness or ineptitude and being a frequent traveler, I've come to expect better of Hilton properties.

The property itself was in good shape, but that was significantly over shadowed by our poor service experience.

Traveling with children is stressful enough and poor service and misinformation about transportation makes it 10x worse. We won't return to this location.

• Stayed September 2012
DeAnna H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. Please accept my sincere apologies about the issues you had at our hotel during your stay.
New Jersey
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Me and many of my family members stayed at this hotel in June. The staff there was superb. The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. The staff seemed to go out of their way to ensure all of our needs were met. The breakfast buffet was very good offering a wide variety of food, including omelets and waffles. The pool was fabulous and kept clean daily. And just a little story: we had a set of 3 1/2 year old twins who were very active. One night, at about 11:30, they were hungry and we just didn't have any snacks for them (we had all just arrived at the hotel a few hours earlier). I had an idea to get them some milk to fill their bellies. I went to the front desk and asked if they had some milk for the boys. The gentleman at the desk came out with 4 cups of milk and said 'no charge'. I know it doesn't sound like much, but little gestures like that mean a lot to me. I plan on visiting the area again soon and will definitely stay there again! Also, the shuttle bus to/from the airport is great.

Room Tip: We had all sorts of rooms (singles, doubles) and they were all very nicely laid out.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel going on 3 weeks. When I check in I am always greeted with a smile and a hello with my name. Veronica, Kathy and Vilma at from desk are the best. They go out of their way to make sure I have everything. These employess are the reflection of the management, Greg Malcolm, General Manager, and DeAnna Hendix Night Manger. It is because of their skills that makes their employees so great. I will always stay here when I am in Dallas area. The staff in restaurant, Brent and Celcia are a joy. I love them. I feel so at homr when here. Stay here folks. It is so great

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Midland, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Each time we visit the Metroplex, we stay at this location because it is close to where our family lives and is convenient to local attractions and restaurants. The price is good and the rooms are nice. The breakfast buffet is also good and a quick option in the morning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our car was stolen from this property. The front desk has no clue when it happened, and the manager on duty could not be bothered to come and speak to us personally. We dealt with front desk staff only!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank christa t
DeAnna H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I regret you experienced this issue. I can assure you we take theft very seriously and are investigating it. We will do everything we can to help you. Kindest regards, DeAnna Hendrix, Night Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Ft. Worth Airport South
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving

Been to Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!