“Great Thai cuisine near DFW airport!!”

Bangkok Orchid Thai Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 629 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Ok, I've been here before but its been a long while, like 4 years ago. The place has changed quite a bit and for the better on my count.

The food was off the hook good, I had the broccoli delight which was an amazing healthy choice. I was with friends and we all sampled each others options and I must say everything was very good. I do like my Thai food very spicy the hot factor is rated on a scale from 1-5, five being the hottest, I was warned by the wait staff that 5 was very hot, maybe its me but 5 was not all that hot. I even asked for more of the hot red spice to add more heat to my dish. Everyone was in agreement with the spice scale as well.

Service was not a problem as we were there late after lunch, we were the only one's there at the time.

The decor had been updated in the years since I was there to a hip, high styled Thai type look, with even some cool music playing in the background.

The location is close to DFW airport. We were coming back from a trip, had just landed and Thai was the unanimous choice of our crew.

If your in the mood for good Thai and in the neighborhood this place should fit the bill.

2  Thank MikeMcLean

Reviewed March 11, 2011

Wow!! I have never been called a blatant liar because my food was wrong. I ordered pineapple fried rice to go. Got to work and no pineapple. So I called them and explained that there was no pineapple. Really no big deal it happens but I did pay for it so I wanted to let them know. I get transferred to the owner Danny and he said he made it and knows he put pineapple in it. I said well I am sorry there was no pineapple. He proceeded to tell me how people just like to take advantage of him and he knows there was pineapple. I said I can send you a picture if you want. He continued on about me being a liar. What a disappointment. Our office orders at least 10 lunches a week from there. Not anymore.

4  Thank kristy0
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I randomly found this place on a business trip. From the parking lot I looked them up and saw good reviews, so I went on in. The restaurant isn’t big, there’s lots of interesting decorations to look at, and the music was good, perhaps a little loud, but I was alone so I didn’t mind. The menu has a large selection. I had a seafood dish that came out quickly, hot, and obviously fresh. The flavor was excellent. Service was above average, and the server was helpful. They don’t serve any alcohol here. I’ll eat here the next time I’m in town.

3  Thank mnveil
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Great Service.Excellent atomosphere! Wonderful food!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook