“Yum!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Barbara, CA/Dallas, TX
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Got a "make your own bowl" and I can't wait to try a "make your own zepplin." The salad I got was very filling, very generously portioned and delicious. Service was great despite how crazy busy they were. I phoned in my order around 11:15, they let it slide this time but told me that in the future to call BEFORE 11AM if I want to do a call ahead order. Loved the cucumber dill dressing!

• Visited May 2014

Irving, Texas
“Stairway to Leaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I live nearby, we have eaten there three times. The Washington State is our favorite. You can have your salad either in a bowl or in a hollowed out 6 inch sub-like bread. Im not sure why the bowl costs more than the zep. Snappy Salads opened recently and we happen to like it better.

Visited February 2014
Richardson, Texas
“Salad Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is very good. I always just do a build your own bowl. I get everything I could want in a salad. I don't like a lot of bread with my salad so I don't get the zeppelin personally. Anytime I want a salad I go here. Only place I can get everything I want the way I want it. Plus, it tastes good!

Visited January 2014
Texas
“Time to Clean House”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were excited when we read about a chopped salad restaurant opening in the Irving Texas area. We finally went on a Friday around 4pm. The ingredients looked fresh in the case. There was only one other couple in the restaurant. My concern was that the employees did not have hair nets or gloves as they prepared the salads. This should be a requirement since all the salad ingredients are in the open. When we went to sit it was hard to find a table without crumbs on it. Since it was several hours past the lunch hour I would of expected better like clean tables. Restrooms needed attention as well. I almost rated this restaurant as "poor" because of the cleanliness issue but since it is fairly new hopefully they will concentrate on this problem and fix it real fast if they want to be successful. Probably will stick with eating at Salata.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Born2Travel57
Dallas, Texas
“We really wanted this to be a 5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

but only came up to a 4. What we really liked is the bread, hollowing it out and then stuffing it with your ingredients. Really good. I would suggest that Bread Zeppelin and Salada merge and this would be a 5+ experience. You owe it to yourself to frequent both. As a matter of fact, I may have to go to Salada with a to go and then stuff Salada's insides into Bread Zep's Bread Zeppelin. I think you get my drift, both are very good, I like the fact that BZ offers steak where Salada is a Chicken house, albeit a good Chicken House. Enjoy them both, Bread Zeppelin is a winner. However, the personal service does seem to make it a slow transaction. We were happy we arrived when we did as the people behind had to wait as each person's selection was prepared. Not a fast lunch I would guess.

• Visited September 2013