“Depressing atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We're regular customers at Hooters. This location, however give Hooters a bad rep.

The restaurant atmosphere is very depressing. We walked in around 11am and noticed that MOST of the waitresses were more interested in talking to each other and joking around than serving us.

I ordered the same food that I've ordered at other locations. The bread was COLD and shrimps didn't cook right. My friends ordered wings and said the same thing, it didn't taste right.

1  Thank Paul N

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I ate here with my staff for a weekday lunch, not having been to a Hooters in years. We were unfortunately seated directly in front of the portion of the kitchen where the completed food is placed, and their method of calling servers is to simply scream their name - loudly and frequently. I found this incredibly annoying. The place is rather starkly decorated (plain tables, bar-stool like chairs, and plain wood floor) with lots of TV's to watch sports (which I liked.)

Our server was friendly and reasonably attentive and the drinks are large and reasonably priced. I tried their famous chicken wings, as did two of my companions. They offer an remarkable number of sauces for the wings and will let you sample the sauces before deciding. I found the wings to be average, not great, even with three different sauces. We didn't try any of their other food, so I cannot comment on their quality.

All in all, it was an o.k. experience. Perhaps the experience would have been more fun were there an interesting sporting event (or events) to watch - but just based on my personal food preferences, I doubt I'd go back.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stopped on for a late lunch. Temp in Dallas was 103, great AC going on and the wings were prepared just like we like. Service was prompt and pleasant.

Been to Hooters? Share your experiences!