“Much better than their sister outlet in Dallas”

Sonny Bryan's Smoke House
Ranked #176 of 597 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Happened to be staying out in Irving and needing my "fix" of BBQ while in the Dallas area. I had previously visited Sonny Bryan's (and reviewed it) in Dallas. This Irving location, however, was much better. Service is great -- nice warm greeting upon arrival and super fast service. Food came out hot and I found both the sausage slices and brisket to be tender, moist and wonderful. If I ever am back in the Irving area, and need a quick, reasonably priced lunch, with good quality and friendly service, I would head back here in a flash!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

As a new transplant to Texas and trying to hit every BBQ restaurant in the Irving area, I find myself coming back to Sonny Bryan's over and over again. Until I develop my ability to differentiate between nuanced differences between great, good and just ok BBQ, Sonny Bryan's continues to be a great meal. The food and service is consistently good and highly recommend the pulled chicken and beef brisket.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Title sums it up. Just a very average BBQ place. My ribs were good but not great, and the beans were mostly just juice. I did enjoy the potato salad, but it was like most potato salad. The brisket was dry with not much smokey or BBQ flavor. My husband liked his Mac and cheese, and his green bean casserole. Although we liked most of the sides, we didn't page $36 for them.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

It is always good food. The service is always great. I especially like the sausage and baked beans. I like the tea as well.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

In a strip mall in suburbia, this restaurant should not even share the name with the original. Faceless. Poorly executed food. Not good.

Been to Sonny Bryan's Smoke House? Share your experiences!