“Good BBQ.”

Good for: Families with children
Irving, Texas
“Good BBQ.”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Routine Place to grab dinner for the family. Affordable and nice folks.

Round Rock, Texas
“Good BBQ & tasty sides”
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I've never had a chance to visit the original Sonny Bryan's in Dallas, but I have been satisfied with two visits to this location in Irving. On my most recent visit (last week), I had a brisket sandwich which was excellent. The meat is cooked well & served quickly. My colleagues ordered combo platters, and we all left satisfied.

While the BBQ is excellent, I think Sonny Bryan's does especially well for side-dishes (something many Texas BBQ places forget about). I had some excellent green bean casserole (with crispy onions on top, as it should be), and my colleagues also enjoyed the mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and other options.

This is certainly not the best BBQ ever, but it is definitely a good choice if you're looking for a casual and tasty dinner in the Irving area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice barbecue.”
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Nice barbecue.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Irving
“Overrated; but WAY better than Spring Creek”
Reviewed January 25, 2008

The food at Sonny Bryan's IS overrated just because it's supposed to be one of the best in the area. Maybe everyone means the location in Dallas? I don't know, but the location in Irving is just average. I still say that Dickeys is better than Sonny Bryan's and they're both better than Spring Creek (absolutely GROSS).

Irving, TX
“Overrated Spring Creek is better”
Reviewed February 25, 2007

First of all it is NOT handicapped accessable. It might meet the legal definition, but I dare you to try to get your wheelchair all the way over to the front door and then manuver in and get your soda. Most important to the food, First of all you cannot see them cut up the meat which irks me. I had to get my food to go (couldnt get my husband in with wheelchair) and when I got home it was all dried up. I got beef brisket and pork and both were so dry I had to soak them up with sauce or choke on them. Also (and this REALLY chaps my rear) is that they had cut off all of the edges. The "red badge of bbq" was GONE. I should not have to tell them that I want this. It should be on there automatically. No I did not drive all the way back there and return it to the store. If they have no passion in their food to do it right the first time, I shall do my business elsewhere. There are enough other businesses that take pride in their product and I shall go find them.

1 Thank WildRed67