“Shoe for dinner anyone?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saltgrass Steak House

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #6 of 572 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
dallas, tx
“Shoe for dinner anyone?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was probably my mistake to order a steak for $19.95, but I was at a steakhouse, so I did. Wrong plan at this steakhouse. Shoe leather would have been easier to chew. I could not even distinguish a beef flavor. Could have been a shoe for all I know. Will not go back.

USA
“Best Steak in Texas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Saturday Night would of netted us a long wait, but we put 4 round bar tables together to fit our party of 8. Most of us had the 16 oz Rib-Eye. Melted in your mouth. I had mashed potoatoes and a salad with bleu cheese. It was great! Most of us had the "alcohol" ice-tea, served in mason jars, which was quite potent. Two guys got the Corona-rita, which is a huge drink consisting of a corona beer bottle turned upside down into a margarita. Good service and nice atmosphere. This place is pricey, but we had an awesome time!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Irving, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“where to start....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Going, Going, Gone way down hill. Warren the bartender must have worked at chi-k-fila before here. He ends every sentence with "my pleasure!". In an attempt to find whose food she was running, the "server" yelled my name to half the restaurant. Cold, almost frozen garlic mashed potatoes. In an attempt to find whose food she was running, the "server" yelled my name to half the restaurant. My steak was missing the garlic butter, so I asked for a side of it. When the server returned with my side of garlic steak butter, she dumped the entire scoop on my steak! Saltgrass certainly won’t be getting my business again until some big changes are made.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 615geoff
Clarksboro, New Jersey
“Excellent Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Loved this place. Everything was excellent from beginning to end. We really enjoyed this meal and loved the huge Iced Teas.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Michael D
Katy, Texas
“Saltgrass is always a good bet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I were in Irving over the weekend and stopped in the Saltgrass. Love the beer bread. There were 6 in our party. We got there early. The food and service were excellent! Had a very good waiter. I usually have the Maudeen Center Cut filet. I opted for the chicken fried steak this time. It was very tasty! I don't think you can go wrong with Saltgrass. Saltgrass is always a good bet wherever we are.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Saltgrass Steak House? Share your experiences!