“Fantastic food, fun atmosphere”
Review of Mi Cocina

Mi Cocina
Ranked #30 of 629 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the finest ingredients available. You'll love our Tex-Mex menu from our famous, homemade salsa to our mouthwatering, hand-dipped enchiladas. You can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm, friendly and professional staff. It's our honor to serve you!
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I'll be honest, my initial impression wasn't great. The restaurant was very loud when my wife and I walked in, and I had been looking forward to a quiet dinner. But we had heard a lot of good about Mi Cocina, so we stuck around. It was a good decision! Our food was excellent, the service was 5 star and we found ourselves hanging out and enjoying the atmosphere for more than 2 hours. The prices weren't horrible either, so this is all around a great restaurant.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We are very big fans if frozen margaritas and their mambo limousine is the best. Not a huge fan of their queso but love the brisket tacos and beef fajitas.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Food is ok not very flavorful. Definately not authentic. Quite pricey. I would not go back. I recommend 7 salsas just down the street better

1  Thank Dpay
Heather H, Public Relations Manager at Mi Cocina, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our goal is to provide an exceptional meal and service to make guests want to return time and time again. Obviously we didn't achieve that in this case. Can you provide additional information - what dishes did you order? That way I can have more specific information to provide back to our staff. I did want to mention that we are not an authentic Mexican concept and I apologize that was your expectation when you visited. We are a Tex-Mex restaurant which has different flavor profiles, and I am sorry that you were expecting something a big different than what we currently offer on our menu.
Thanks again for the review. You can email me the additional information at hhancock@mcrowd.com or via TripAdvisor.
Bests,
Heather Hancock - Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere first off is so neutral that you don't even realize you are in a Tex-Mexrestaurant. I thought that was odd, it could have been Chinese food that they were serving. The guacamole was good but if it wasn't I would imagine they would need to close up shop. Everything else was pretty mediocre, not much flavor really, just pretty average. As a visitor to the area I was expecting a more fun place & more fun & exciting food & that is why I was extremely disappointed. I feel like In & Out burger would have been a better choice!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Fajitas and nachos and cheese enchiladas are the only things I have had on the menu, and that is because they are so good, I can't go and not order them again and again. The service is a little slow and not the most friendly wait staff, but the food is phenominal and the margaritas...YUM! One recommendation: change the chairs on the patio - very uncomfy.