“Fantastic Salmon”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #48 of 586 Restaurants in Irving
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Well priced and delicious food! Not all restaurants know how to prepare seafood unless it is deep fried. Cheddar's prepares their salmon perfectly.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have been known to travel long distances to get to a Cheddar's. I absolutely love the place. I used to frequent their restaurant near Six Flags; I don't know why it is now closed. I always get the chicken strips; you get about five of them, and I can only eat two so I save them for my lunch the next day. They are nice and big yummy with the white gravy, French fries, and coleslaw. Service is quick and excellent. I have never had to wait for a seat at the Irving restaurant, but the wait at the San Angelo restaurant is lengthy. Try the soup and salad lunch; it's great. The only downside is that they don't serve the cheddar cheese soup anymore; that should be a staple considering the name of the restaurant!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I don't eat out very much because I think it's expensive and often fat laden. Not that I'm a health freak, but I try to be good to offset those times I can be very bad.

While visiting hotels to scope out meeting places, me and two coworkers decided to stop for lunch. There was a bit of wait--the place was very busy, but we didn't feel rushed once we were seated as busy places will sometimes do. The other two ladies both ordered ribs and shrimp, and the menu was full of similar heart-stopping creations, but down in the corner of the menu I saw light options that I usually skip over. Today, I decided to take a look.

There was salmon in the main menu that could be served blackened or with bourbon glazed, neither of which interested me, nor did the available sides. However, in the light options they offered a miso citrus glazed salmon with ginger rice and steamed broccoli. That sounds good!

And it was good. The broccoli was lightly steamed, just how I like it with a bit of crunch left, and the miso glaze was very flavorful, with the citrus an excellent complement to the fish. The ladies said the ribs were very good, but the mess they made plowing through them, I'll stick with a selection I don't have to stick my fingers in.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Best item on menu is chicken strips for $7.99. Crowded so get there before 6PM. Evenings has lots of families so if you like quiet go at lunch - same menu - same food.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

good service, good meal....varied menu with Italian, American, Cajun....it was good for all three of us

1  Thank ss309556

Been to Cheddar's? Share your experiences!