“Texas style BQ”

Spring Creek Barbeque
Ranked #63 of 597 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband goes toTexas on travel... He knows how much I love NC BQ.. This place had amazing BQ ... It smells like a smoke house as soon as you walk in, luckily the eating area does not. Although pulled pork is not mentioned on the big sign they did have a piece of paper stating the pulled pork was on the menu... Our family had it almost the entire menu... Sausage sandwich, chicken barbecue and pulled pork all were amazing... Besides warfare nothing to write home about the plenty of it

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The atmosphere / decoration is ok.
the food on the otherhand is just awesome! The best sauce we've tasked.
The ribs are very tasty, the brisket was very good as well.
the ROLLS are some of the best bread at any place.

the mac and cheese was ok, the corn was ok.
the sides are just average, but it's the Ribs, sauce and rolls that you should be here for.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a beef BBQ sandwich. It was good, but their style of sauce is sweeter than I like, which is why my review isn't higher. The baked beans were good, but the mac 'n' cheese was a little gloppy (I was there late in the day, which may account for this). Staff was very friendly. Although it's not my favorite, I'd probably go back.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I want to NOT like this place for BBQ. It's a chain after all. But we keep coming back.

Nearly every time we fly into DFW (several times a year) our first stop is for lunch at Spring Creek in Irving. The brisket is good. The sauce tasty. Sides are consistently good as well. The entire staff is always friendly and helpful. Two of us usually share one plate as there can be lots of food ... and we're still stuffed. Add a couple glasses of iced tea and the tab is usually quite a deal for what you get.

And then the "bread lady" (always the same one it seems) comes by encouraging you to take another. We know we shouldn't ... but we do. Fortunately, we don't eat like this more than a few times a year. Well, we often stop by again before our flight out, so OK ... a half dozen times a year.

We eat at many BBQ restaurants across Texas. Spring Creek can hang with any of them.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Being a road warror, I am constantly aware of those chains that take care of this demographic, often overlooked. Spring Creek is an offender. If you go through the buffet/serving line, you help yourself, it is unlimited. When you get an order to go, younot only get a very small side order container, you do not hae access to the pickle/pepper bar. Even if you request a container, the loks tell you not an accepted practice. The BBQ turkey has tendency to be very dry, almost jerky texture. The BBQ pork, if you time it right, can be gret. Smoky and tender, dripping with natural juices make this perfect "sopping" food. Oh, you got a to go order so there is no bread There is an ice cream bar/bakery where you can get hand dipped ice cream to top your fruit cobbler. Yum. This place has the opportunity to get a much higher score, just treat all patrons the same. You charge them equally.

1  Thank franklinmilford