“A nice place”

Spring Creek Barbeque
Ranked #70 of 596 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a beef BBQ sandwich. It was good, but their style of sauce is sweeter than I like, which is why my review isn't higher. The baked beans were good, but the mac 'n' cheese was a little gloppy (I was there late in the day, which may account for this). Staff was very friendly. Although it's not my favorite, I'd probably go back.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I want to NOT like this place for BBQ. It's a chain after all. But we keep coming back.

Nearly every time we fly into DFW (several times a year) our first stop is for lunch at Spring Creek in Irving. The brisket is good. The sauce tasty. Sides are consistently good as well. The entire staff is always friendly and helpful. Two of us usually share one plate as there can be lots of food ... and we're still stuffed. Add a couple glasses of iced tea and the tab is usually quite a deal for what you get.

And then the "bread lady" (always the same one it seems) comes by encouraging you to take another. We know we shouldn't ... but we do. Fortunately, we don't eat like this more than a few times a year. Well, we often stop by again before our flight out, so OK ... a half dozen times a year.

We eat at many BBQ restaurants across Texas. Spring Creek can hang with any of them.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Being a road warror, I am constantly aware of those chains that take care of this demographic, often overlooked. Spring Creek is an offender. If you go through the buffet/serving line, you help yourself, it is unlimited. When you get an order to go, younot only get a very small side order container, you do not hae access to the pickle/pepper bar. Even if you request a container, the loks tell you not an accepted practice. The BBQ turkey has tendency to be very dry, almost jerky texture. The BBQ pork, if you time it right, can be gret. Smoky and tender, dripping with natural juices make this perfect "sopping" food. Oh, you got a to go order so there is no bread There is an ice cream bar/bakery where you can get hand dipped ice cream to top your fruit cobbler. Yum. This place has the opportunity to get a much higher score, just treat all patrons the same. You charge them equally.

1  Thank franklinmilford
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I'm used to some down home, casual, nothing fancy kind of Barbeque places but this place was so average that nothing really was worth writing home about......... with maybe the exception of the yeast rolls. The were fresh right out of the oven and good. But I was in Texas and I wanted Barbeque! I had the beef brisket but it was NOT that tender and I was not so much a fan of their Barbeque sauce which looked watered down. My friend said her ribs were really good and another friend enjoyed her pulled pork. Based on the fact that in Texas you can get Barbeque about every 1/2 mile I'm not sure I would stop here again for brisket.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you like barbeque meats, large baked potatoes, the trimmings, and some unbelievable hot rolls brought to your table, then you will love Spring Creek in Irving, Tx. Their sweet tea is marvelous and for a little bit more cost, you can add hot peach cobbler and Blue Bell Ice Cream. At this place, only you and your appetite is missing.
This restaurant is located on the south side of 183 at an exit for Beltline Rd. It is easy in and easy out. Located about 2.5 miles from DFW Airport. What are you waiting for?