“I really wanted to like this place.....”

Spring Creek Barbeque
Ranked #68 of 597 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I'm used to some down home, casual, nothing fancy kind of Barbeque places but this place was so average that nothing really was worth writing home about......... with maybe the exception of the yeast rolls. The were fresh right out of the oven and good. But I was in Texas and I wanted Barbeque! I had the beef brisket but it was NOT that tender and I was not so much a fan of their Barbeque sauce which looked watered down. My friend said her ribs were really good and another friend enjoyed her pulled pork. Based on the fact that in Texas you can get Barbeque about every 1/2 mile I'm not sure I would stop here again for brisket.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you like barbeque meats, large baked potatoes, the trimmings, and some unbelievable hot rolls brought to your table, then you will love Spring Creek in Irving, Tx. Their sweet tea is marvelous and for a little bit more cost, you can add hot peach cobbler and Blue Bell Ice Cream. At this place, only you and your appetite is missing.
This restaurant is located on the south side of 183 at an exit for Beltline Rd. It is easy in and easy out. Located about 2.5 miles from DFW Airport. What are you waiting for?

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Good food, ample quanity, casual atmosphere, select items tray service. Nice authentic smokey Texas experiance.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Good solid food with barbecue themes. Pricing is good and service always available when you need it.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a "Ponderosa-Steak-House" type restaurant. You get a tray and go through the line and select your items. Very smokey BBQ flavor (I prefer the sweet). Food was good, but I had my heart set on a different type of BBQ. Plenty of food and my kids (all teens) seemed to like it. Very casual, cafeteria type atmosphere. You serve yourself and get your own drink refills. Someone came and delivered ice cream to our table at the end of our meal, but other than that, there was no wait service. It was the only BBQ in the area that was open on Sunday, which is why we chose it.