“Between Real and American Chinese”
Review of Empress of China

Empress of China
Ranked #202 of 576 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Chinese
Lewisville, Texas
“Between Real and American Chinese”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Not bad for Chinese restaurant in U.S.A.They are between Real Chinese and American Chinese.If you like to try real Chinese you have to go to Richardson.

Dallas, Texas
“Far Superior To Anything Else I've Found In The Area”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is so far my favorite Chinese restaurant in the area. It’s a small, cozy place where you order off the menu rather than an all-you-can-eat buffet. The price can be a little higher than in a buffet, but the quality and peaceful atmosphere make it worth it. Lunch specials are reasonably priced. It is dark and usually quiet, even when it is full. They tend to put the larger, noisier groups in a separate room off the main dining room. I’ve tried quite a number of dishes on the menu, and everything has been very good. Ingredients are fresh, and you can tell that the food is cooked fresh when you order it. Fried items like the egg rolls and fried wontons are crisp, never soggy, and we often have to wait for them to cool down before we can eat them. You can tell that they have not been pre-cooked and kept under a heat lamp. Vegetables in the stir-fry dishes are crisp, never limp or overcooked. The dishes are seasoned well and flavorful, and the items designated as spicy actually do have some heat to them. Dishes like General Tsao’s chicken are not overly breaded and not excessively sweet. It has a little bit of heat to it. This aspect of the dish seems to have gotten lost in many restaurants. Their shrimp toast is excellent. It is the only shrimp toast I’ve ever had where you can really get the taste and texture of the shrimp. Service is always excellent. The staff is attentive and polite. Sometimes we have been served a slice of fruit after our meal, as is traditional, but this has been inconsistent.

• Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Safe bet, fresh and good food”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Everyone's idea of good Chinese varies. To us, it begins with a clean restaurant, fresh food, great service ...,then did we like it. All the basics are here if you feel like a fried rice night. Btw. Very fresh fried rice, best I've had since Uncle Tais was around at Gallaria. They remember you, what you eat, how you like it. Won Ton soup, perfectly lean strips of chicken, shrimp and full of flavor. All meats are excellent. Not chunks of who knows what. This is our stop for a Chinese fix, I don't think you would be disappointed.

Tyler, Texas
“Safe to skip”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I tried three things from Empress of China today. The wait time for the food ten minutes, which I thought was pretty good (I called in the order). The chicken fried rice was average. The curry chicken tasted like they used chickens who died from smoking (crank). The orange chicken really tasted like oranges (but not too much) and the fortune cookies weren't expired. It wasn't horrible but I can't recommend trying it either.

• Visited June 2012
Plano, Texas
“Great Little Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I always take my client to eat here. The food is very good and the service is very friendly. They have wonderful spring rolls. All of their food is fresh.

• Visited January 2012

Been to Empress of China? Share your experiences!