“Thanks for a special anniversary memory”

Via Real Gourmet Mexican
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Real Gourmet Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 578 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Byron Nelson Way
Yoe, PA
“Thanks for a special anniversary memory”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Via real is my my husbands favorite restaurants and he chose this for our 1 year anniversary dinner. We weren't disappointed. The ambiance was romantic. The service was excellent. I had the Sea Bass, which melted in my mouth and he had pan seared scallops which were fantastic. They asked if was a special occasion, we said our
Anniversary and to our surprise when our dessert was brought out, it was presented with a candle and happy anniversary. The waiter took our picture and brought us back a lovely card! What an awesome surprise! Thanks for a wonderful night!

Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
We are honored to be your husband's first choice! Give him our gratitude!
Thank you for taking time to leave us such great feedback. We loved having you in for your anniversary. I am delighted to find that you enjoyed your evening.

Via Real would love to be that special place EVERY anniversary. Just think of the pictures that you can look back on!

We hope to see you both again soon!

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Took a group of 12 out-of-towners here for business. We set up in the private room off the main dining room with a terrific limited choice menu. The food was extraordinary, and the service was attentive but not intrusive. Our dinner was a success and our guests were suitably impressed. They appreciated the departure from the standard Texas steak house dinner, as Via Real is truly different.
The location is tough to find if one isn't familiar with the area, as others have noted as well. It is, however, well worth the effort when you get there!

Visited July 2014
Hi Dale,

I am relieved to see that everyone found their way to Via Real. It is a bit tucked away but we like to think of it as a "hidden oasis."

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We strive to create a memorable experience for our guests whether they are here for a business dinner or celebrating an anniversary. Every visit is special. Thanks for allowing us to take care of your group!

I hope to have you in again very soon.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Tex Mex and More”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My son and I visited this restaurant when I visited him recently. It was easy to find - and had reservations available. It was more upscale than I was expecting given location in a strip mall - but we were very pleased. We were seated promptly and served chips and salsa that were excellent. There is a very broad menu - but since I was focused on Tex Mex, I had a chicken quesadilla as an appetizer and two shredded beef tacos for my entree. Both were delicious and the prices were reasonable.

Austin, Texas
“Fully deserving of its number one rating”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place can be tricky to find, cleverly hidden behind an upscale strip mall. We arrived at 3 pm
And were not sure it was open. Nobody was there, so I had to hunt for someone from the back to seat us. With that rough start, everything went perfectly. Very flavorful food, attentive service, and quietenoughthat my wife could hear me. It is pricey, but I am satisfied wit the value. We may go there again on this trip.

1 Thank TrumpeterEd
I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your review. We appreciate every word from our guests. I am relieved to see that you found us, although it took some effort. We've been hiding here for almost 30 years!

It alarms me that there wasn't anyone there to greet and seat you, that is not usual. I do apologize that you had that rough start. I will be looking into it. Business slows down between 2:00-4:00 which might explain the ghost town. No excuse for not being greeted though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of taking care of y'all again soon.

Texas
“Great Gourmet Mexican”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This has always been one of my favorites especially when staying at the nearby Four Seasons... Brought a large group in last Sunday evening after returning from a trip to the USVI. Wound up splitting the Sea Bass which was great! Also enjoyed a great Jalapeño Margarita! Everyone had a great time!

Ray,

I am beyond delighted to hear that Via Real is one of your favorites. We are honored.
If your group left with full tummies and a memory for the books, then we did our job!
Thank you for spending a few minutes writing this review. It is very appreciated.

I hope to see you and your friends again soon!