“Great food and service for a large group”

Via Real Gourmet Mexican
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Real Gourmet Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 630 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Byron Nelson Way
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I went here for a business dinner with several business associates. It was recommended by my old boss that lives in the area (who always gives great restaurant advice). We arrived a little early and our table was already available for us to sit. Everyone that worked here was pleasant. They brought chips and salsa and took our drink order immediately. After a couple of minutes, we ordered appetizers and then dinner. Everyone got something different (sorry too many people to remember what everyone got, but everyone got something different). I got the steak fajitas which came with beans. They were very good. Of course there were plenty of drinks to go around. Everyone was extremely happy with their food/drink. It was a great outing for all. Highly recommend and will definitely return if in the area.

Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

We were so happy to have you in TWO nights in a row. Thanks for letting us let you cook dinner! I wanted to thank you personally for the great review! We all appreciate the time that you took to give us this valuable feedback.

I hope to see you in again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is a good place for both dinner with friends or a business dinner where you need seating for 12 or more. There is a nice range of food options from vegetarian to meat or seafood.

Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

All of us here at Via Real appreciate your review. Thanks for the great feedback!

We rely on our guests' social media posts to entice others to stop by and have a bite to eat, thanks! We are more than happy to accommodate you and your business colleagues whether you need a large table or a private room. Thank you for the opportunity!

I hope to see you in again soon.

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I never ate sea bass before but always wanted to try it. On the recommendations of my family I decided to order it. I was so glad I did. Our waiter was so accommodating because I have food allergies and even came back and suggested a different side dish since the one I ordered had milk products. Great restaurant

I'm thrilled that you finally ordered our Chilean sea bass. It is always a great choice!

Our servers are great at accommodating our guests and their food allergies/requests. I'm delighted to see that yours were attended to.

Thank you so much for your feedback, we value your opinion and use it to strengthen our business. We are here to take care of you and make you happier than when you arrived.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Restaurant is located just about 15 minutes drive from downtown Dallas. Very pleasant atmosphere and great service. Even better is the food. Went with a friend who wanted to have the steak cooked on a cedar plank. I was planning of having the Chilean Sea Bass. When it came time to order, we could not decide between the two. So the waiter suggested that he split both portions in half for us so we could do a half and half.
Probably the best sea bass I have ever eaten anywhere. The steak was also fantastic. Would not be able to make up my mind between these two dishes next time I return, that is how good it was.
Potatoes were mixed with pineapple and baked which gave them a interesting and pleasant taste.
I will return, that is certain. Very reasonably priced also. Not what I would have expected in a Mexican restaurant, what a pleasant surprise.

Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Jean,

Reading your review painted a huge smile across my face. Thank you for the fabulous feedback! I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed both the seabass and red oak smoked tenderloin- both our signature dishes.

We all appreciate the time you spent to share your experience with the world (this is our main form of advertising.) Thank you!

I hope to see you in again.

All the best,

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The food is wonderful, the ambience is romantic, service is excellent, and management is friendly. What else could you possibly ask for?
We go as often as possible.

Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

We are so grateful for your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!
Everyone at Via Real is committed to making your EVERY visit a memorable one.

I look forward to having you back soon!

Warmest Regards,
Fran

Been to Via Real Gourmet Mexican? Share your experiences!