“There's a good reason that it's No. 1”

Via Real Gourmet Mexican
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Real Gourmet Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 630 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Byron Nelson Way
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The food is wonderful, the ambience is romantic, service is excellent, and management is friendly. What else could you possibly ask for?
We go as often as possible.

Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

We are so grateful for your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!
Everyone at Via Real is committed to making your EVERY visit a memorable one.

I look forward to having you back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were a group of about 25 and Via Real was able to handle it without a sweat. The kitchen was probably hopping but we never knew it. All of the meals came out within 10 minutes of the first and all dishes appeared to be hot. The food itself was very good. I would have liked the onions on my fajitas to be more well done but that is a minor complaint. The service was friendly throughout and the atmosphere in the restaurant was very comfortable.

Thank you so much for the great review. We treasure any and all words from our guests. I am thrilled that you and your group were able to join. Our staff loves hosting business dinners and celebratory group gatherings.

I will pass on the compliments to the kitchen for their quick service. We always do our best to get dinner out in a timely manner!

I hope to see you back soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This place is such a gem. I love the food, the drinks, the friendly staff and the atmosphere. I think their macadamia nut encrusted sea scallops are the best I've ever eaten. Look at the "chef specialties" section of the menu for what they do best. My husband loves the pork chop and as I mentioned, if you like scallops, these are the best. Their pecan crusted sea bass is fabulous as well. Everything here is great. They valet park out front, but there is a huge parking lot to right of the restaurant so there is really no need. Made a reservation on a Friday or Saturday night as it gets busy. It's not too noisy even when busy so you can still have a conversation at your table.

Your compliments mean the world to us. Thank you! We do not do any advertising because of our awesome guests who are taking the time to write about their experiences. Thanks spreading the word!

We will look forward to taking care of your again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Love this place! Could eat there every day. Service is exceptional...ALWAYS! Food is incredible. This is my number 1 place for Mexican Food in DFW. There salsa is great, the food is always fresh, the margaritas are huge. Reasonably priced with a fine dining feel. Has valet service. Diego has been our waiter for years. Can't say enough good things about it.

Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Brandi,

Your compliments me so much! Thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback. All of us all Via Real appreciate your sweet thoughts.

I hope to see you and your loved ones very soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We arrived around 3pm and weren't sure if the restaurant was even open. I assume the lunch crowd had died down and most people come for dinner. The atmosphere was fancier than I expected but the food was very good.

Our service was not, however. My husband ordered the cheese dip to start off with and we both ordered margarita's AND waters. I had to ask the server for water twice and he still never brought it. Another gentleman ended up bringing water out for us. Also, after our cheese dip hadn't shown up, my husband asked the server about it, who said he "never got a yes or no on the appetizer"! I don't know if it's because after my husband ordered it, I asked what was good there. No excuse, though. There were only three tables sat in the whole restaurant!

We had the spinach cheese dip, I had the tilapia tacos, and my husband had the carne asada lunch special. The food was delicious!

Lacey,

Thank you so much for your fabulous feedback! We appreciate your time immensely. I am, however, sorry that you experienced the service you did. That is not typical Via Real custom. I hope that we can rewrite your visit. I want you to know that we will be going over this review with our staff during our service meetings. There is no excuse for mediocre service, not here.

I hope that you will give us another chance. I promise that we will make it up to you! Give us a call and we will save you a great table.

I look forward to seeing you back!

Fran

Been to Via Real Gourmet Mexican? Share your experiences!