“Good alternative for staying at Four Seasons”

Via Real Gourmet Mexican
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Real Gourmet Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 590 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Byron Nelson Way
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is literally across the road from the back of the hotel. Food was decent and not overly expensive. Service is good and the owner was on hand to check that everyone was ok. Via Real is also kid friendly.

Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Derek,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m excited to read that you made it over for a meal! We love serving our Four Seasons guests during their visits.

I personally hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The entire experience was an A+... Especially the customer service from the staff & Manuel the manager. The atmosphere was very relaxing, the meal & drinks are exceptionally delicious... This was truly a unexpected treat!

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to Via Real. I simply wanted to thank you for your comments and great feedback! Nothing makes me happier than seeing that our guests had a memorable evening.

I hope to be seeing you soon.

We will have the chips, salsa, and margaritas waiting!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Via is a very nice upscale restaurant with great atmosphere and décor, but it is way over priced for fine Mexican cusine. There are so many great places in Dallas to eat terrific Mexican food. No need to pay $35.00 a meal.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We rely on what our guests have to say in order to keep ourselves in check. I am glad that you enjoyed the ambiance that Via Real offers, first time guests usually are not expecting it.

Regarding the pricing- I’m sorry that you weren’t satisfied with the amount you paid for your meal. We do offer a range of various priced dishes to please different budgets. Our $20-40 steak and seafood options are a bit higher than our Tex-Mex that are around $15-20. Despite rising food costs, our Chef has calculated every item to be as affordable as possible.

Again, I am thankful for your thoughts and I do hope that you would consider making a second visit.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The meal was exquisitely prepared and the service was thoughtful, prompt and attentive. They provided us a wonderful corner table and created a romantic experience for my wife and I.

My heart is happy to know that you and your wife enjoyed your dining experience with us. We try our best to treat each customer depending on their occasion, and I’m glad that you were given that perfect corner!

Thank you for your kind words.

I hope to see both of you again soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Read quite a few reviews before deciding on Via. Visiting the area from Idaho with one shot at dinner and they did not disappoint! Wife and I hit Angelo's in Ft Worth just hours before and mowed great BBQ (different review!) and we're not too hungry. But had to try this place and oh my good food and atmosphere. We were tired and wanted to show early but thought I should change since in nice shorts, shirt, and flip flops...called about dress code...Brent the popular host advised no problem just wear clothes. So we headed over. We split the sea bass special and crab cakes appetizer (could have been crispier) and they were awesome. So fresh and great attention to plating detail. The bass came with a poblano and cilantro mashed potato (yum) and cooked to perfection. $36 dish and our great server Giovani was on point! Too on point...had wife approve a large top shelf margarita (twist me arm will ya) when I was in the very clean restroom and also checked the flavor of candle burning in the hall as my wife requested and we bought 2 candles for $50. Final bill with candles, a couple Santos beers, and bomb choc rasp cake to go was $137. Left a $25 tip since everything was on point. Oh well service was symphonic. I think price may be closer to $$$ overall, but worth it for sure! Note to self no good BBQ just hours before! Go here! Oh they have cheaper tex mex classics too that looked great at about $15 per plate. Portions are a plenty! Thanks for the memory!

Well, let me start by telling you that I am thankful you decided to give us a shot! I’m sorry that you didn’t come as hungry as you would have liked but there is always next time!

I want you to know that I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review, it was so fun! We also love reading name drops in our online reviews- we always make sure to read them aloud in our server meetings before each shift. Thank you for the two! (Brent and Gio)

Next time you two decide to make the trek down from Idaho again, give us a call and we will save y’all a great table! In addition, I will make sure that the crab cakes are the perfect amount of crispy for your liking. Thanks for the constructive critique!

We hope to see you soon