“Great, fresh Mexican fare”

Via Real Gourmet Mexican
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Real Gourmet Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 575 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Byron Nelson Way
“Great, fresh Mexican fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for a business trip and decided to come here for lunch. I arrived soon after they opened and was promptly greeted. I sat down and was given a fresh salsa and chips. The chips were thin, crisp and not salty and the salsa has a good heat. For lunch, i ordered the Tacos De Res. phenomenal. The two tacos were stuffed with ancho sirloin tips and covered with cheese sauce on one and red on the other. Well presented and delicious. I took a coworker there two days later and was equally satisfied.

1 Thank Russodavid

Birmingham, Alabama
“Not quite what I was expecting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

When you read a name like Via Real, you expect Mexican food. Honestly, I was expecting some upscale Tex-Mex. Via Real is far from that! It was fine dining, to be sure. The menu was fantastic. So good, in fact, it was difficult trying to decide on just one thing to order. I had shrimp served with stuffed zucchini. It was wonderful. My husband had a filet that was set on fire at the table. It was fabulous, too. The chips and salsa were amazing and the margaritas were out of this world. Dessert was fantastic also. I had flan. It was probably the best I have ever had.

The service was attentive without being overbearing. Our waiter was informative and helpful in getting us to narrow down our decisions. I cannot wait to go back.

1 Thank cezek
Bedford, TX
“Superb contemporary Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Family-owned since 1985. Excellent management, terrific service, superb food and presentations. Ambience abounds with white tablecloths, impeccable service. Standard items on the menu and also daily specials which are excellent. Good for lunch or dinner. Valet parking. Good for business meetings. Also rooms for groups. Frequently the family comes around to see how you're doing and greet you.

1 Thank jmdevries
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was recently on a business trip to Irving, Texas, and was looking for a good Mexican restaurant. Via Real was fantastic.

Atmosphere: Elegant with a Mexican flair is how I would describe it. Beautiful stucco and clay walls, romantic lighting, a fireplace. Often Mexican restaurant decor can be a bit tacky, but this was well done.

Service: I was dining alone, and was immediately greeted by friendly and welcoming staff. The table service was also great. My server (Manuel) knew the menu well and was able to make great recommendations.

Food: I was practically giddy at the table. First, chips and salsa. Both were the best I have ever had. Next, the best anejo margarita I have ever tasted. I ordered the Rancher's special for dinner, which consisted of a Chile Relleno, a taco, and an enchilada. All were unbelievably good. And just when I thought this meal couldn't get any better, they comped a fried cheesecake dessert and coffee. Heaven.

Bottom Line: A reasonably priced upscale Mexican restuarant in the Dallas area. I will be going back to Via Real every chance I get.

1 Thank brighidandtj
Helotes, Texas
“Wonderful restaurant with great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We visited Via Real in mid-August. We come here each time we are in Irving and always enjoy the experience. The food is consistently good and the staff is always very friendly and attentive to our needs.

1 Thank JCCDAC

Been to Via Real Gourmet Mexican? Share your experiences!