“Great Brazilian Steakhouse”
Review of Vila Brazil

Vila Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
Vila Brazil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 583 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We found this location thanks to reviews on TripAdvisor. I was a little apprehensive when we walked in the door to find the place empty. How fresh would the cut meats be when there is no one here? They took our drink order and told us to help ourselves to the salad bar. There were salads and a few different food items on the bar. The only negative here was that the food was not labeled. There were lots of items I couldn't recognize but sampled. I would have liked to have known what I was eating. Before I finished getting food from the salad bar people started coming in. I was relieved thinking now we would get fresh food and many more items brought out since there were four other tables now seated.

As soon as we finished our salad bar food they started bringing out the meats and they didn't stop! This was my second time at a Brazilian steakhouse and I was very pleased with the variety and flavor of the food. My picky children even found items they loved.

Dessert was flan--I am not a fan...we all tried it but most of us didn't care for it. Other customers really seemed to enjoy it. We were so full no one minded skipping dessert until they brought out pineapple. Oh, my. It was so good. The was caramelized with just a bit of sugar and cinnamon. My teen couldn't get enough. We will definatly eat here again on our next visit to the Dallas area.

I also want to share that the service was top notch. The staff members we very friendly and accommodating.

2  Thank thiery688
There are newer reviews for Vila Brazil

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went here with a group of 6 based on reviews from another website. The place was small, as in people were standing waiting for you to finish your meal so they could have your table. The place is BYOB, which is great if you are a drinker. They have sodas, for sale by the can. A waitress came arounf with this cheese bread, very tasty, combinations of cheese jalepeno, tomoto basil and plain cheese- these were full of cheese when you took a bite! You can apparently purchase some to take home with as well from the store next door. The salad bar is included in the meal price, which is considerably less than the chain churrasquerias, and included many sides, including mashed potatos, bread, and flan. The meats choices are smaller than those of the larger chains as well, but they offer additional meats for special occasions. We went fathers day weekend, and on fathers day, they were also offering baby ribs, and filet mignon. The food was delicious- fresh from the fire, with alot of seasoning. I liked the small feel of the place, and felt alot of customers were from the neighborhood. Don't be put off by the location (strip mall) because the food is well worth it. Think it was about $20 a person, and think lunch during the week is around $15. Would we eat here again? Yes. Would we recommend it? Yes, i am now :)

2  Thank dwntwnkbrown
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Located in a strip mall setting you think this may not be a great experience. However, once you get settled and begin eating you realize the food is excellent. You realize that this place is the "aroun the corner" version of the "big boy restaurants". There are actual side dishes in the buffet line and some unique meat preparations that the other steakhouses do not have. Well worth giving it try. Well worth coming back again.

2  Thank mkmcnair
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We had always wanted to go to a Brazilian steak house, but hesitated due to the high price per person. We came here (name changed to Vila Brazil??) and were very pleased with the results.

Our party of six feasted on the All-You-Can-Eat dinner vegetable buffet and delectable grilled meats: beef, lamb, pork, and chicken-- for about $20 per person, maybe a third of what the chain brand would have charged.

While on the small side (reservations recommended), I'll gladly trade ambiance for value. It's very family-friendly and service is wonderful. There appeared to be no alcohol sold, but it might be BYOB.

Interestingly, attached was a Brazilian grocery. In fact, the restaurant was full of Portuguese-speaking Brazilians--and nationals are, of course, always a good sign in an ethnic eatery.

I'd highly recommend!

3  Thank Tara K
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Very Tasty buffet combined with unlimited churrascaria grilled meats. You get a lot of Brazil food love from a nice little privately owned restaurant. Very reasonable $14 lunch buffet and $20 dinner/weekend buffet.
The buffet is small with 20 items or so but they are all of home made quality. They have some nice salad offerings with additions of Brazilian version dishes. I really enjoyed the Tabbouleh, fried yucca, fried califlour and Brazilian empanadas. They also had a very nice spinach egg soufflé. They of course have the standard brazilian rice and beans which were as good as home made. Some of these items may vary depending what day of the week and availability.
What makes this place special is that they include all the churrascaria grilled meats in the price of their buffet. From memory they had garlic sirloin, parmesean pork, herb sausage and my favorite picanha (like prime rib, juicy and rare). All of the meats were seasoned and cooked perfectly.
They offer Beer, wine and some mixed drinks…so yes you can get a caipirinha. They also serve a very nice espresso style coffee that lands great after lunch.
The only thing that could make this place better is if it had a lively outdoor patio where we could enjoy a caipirinha. Yes this place will make your stomach happy and your wallet will allow you to come back more often.

6  Thank ciscokid1970

Been to Vila Brazil? Share your experiences!