“Pricey”

Cool River Cafe - Dallas
Reserve with OpenTable
Cool River Cafe - Dallas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 580 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd.
Dallas
“Pricey”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you have too much money and would like to throw it away, then go to this restaurant. Their food is alright, but not for the price. Could have received just as good at Outback. We went there to for a birthday celebration thinking that we would be able to enjoy the entertainment after. The cigarette smoke was so bad from the bar area where the live band was to play that we could not stand it. Wanted to stay and do some dancing for an hour, but no. There was one person in our party of 8 that was under 21 and they kicked us all out. It was way too crowded for the space they had, and the prices were way too high. We were looking for a high class place and thought this would be one, but not. So like I said, if you are looking for a non high class restaurant with too much cigarette smoke and want to throw hundreds of dollars away, try this place. Other wise look for something different.

3 Thank Paul P

Dallas, Texas
“Consistently good meals”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

They always have a great selection each night the chef puts together. Staff is very attentive and the dining room is very open, yet cozy. I have yet to pour my own glass of wine.

This is a great place to entertain customers. Make sure you meet for a drink in the bar first before dinner, that's a whole other experience unto itself. They also have a separate cigar bar.

Chicago, Illinois
“Cool”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Its big and busy. Nice place to take friends. Good food. The main bar area is the nicest part. I do not like the side rooms with tables for 8 or more being separated from the main restaurant

Visited May 2012
Corinth, Texas
“Christmas Parties here”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been to some great Christmas parties here and the place is always packed and has a very festive feeling

Brockton, Massachusetts, United States
“Best filet ever!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

While my tastes tend to run towards comfort foods, bar food and pub fare, I am pretty familiar with some high end eateries. And, being a carnivore, I usually order from the 'carne' section of the menu. Recently during a business trip to the Dallas area, our group dined at Cool River in Irving. I don't think I've ever had a better filet. A special that night was Filet Oscar, so the presentation was a generous helping of real crab meat on the 9oz filet, served atop deliciously fresh asparagus. The filet was perfect: cooked exactly as I ordered - medium rare- as explained by the waiter to have a warm red center. Not bloody, the edges seared to lock in the juices. And juicy it was... served with a wonderful (but pricey) Cabernet, the meat melted in my mouth. It was almost a waste to use a knife, the meat was so delicate and fresh. A slightly crunchy grill sear perfectly complimented the buttery soft inner filet. Mmmmmm. I am daydreaming thinking about. Of course I was stuffed, but managed to pound down a creme brulee, which I found a bit firm, but now we're splitting hairs. Expesnive? Yes. But if you want to splurge or are on an expense account, go there and ORDER THE DAMN FILET!!! I just spent 10 minutes describing it, so try it! The place has a cigar bar and large social area, and looks like between Ladies nights and some local music it might really hop, too if you hit it right. I was only there for the meal, with no regrets.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Cool River Cafe - Dallas? Share your experiences!