“Consistently good meals”
Review of Cool River

Cool River
Reserve with OpenTable
Cool River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 591 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

They always have a great selection each night the chef puts together. Staff is very attentive and the dining room is very open, yet cozy. I have yet to pour my own glass of wine.

This is a great place to entertain customers. Make sure you meet for a drink in the bar first before dinner, that's a whole other experience unto itself. They also have a separate cigar bar.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Its big and busy. Nice place to take friends. Good food. The main bar area is the nicest part. I do not like the side rooms with tables for 8 or more being separated from the main restaurant

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been to some great Christmas parties here and the place is always packed and has a very festive feeling

Reviewed December 11, 2012

While my tastes tend to run towards comfort foods, bar food and pub fare, I am pretty familiar with some high end eateries. And, being a carnivore, I usually order from the 'carne' section of the menu. Recently during a business trip to the Dallas area, our group dined at Cool River in Irving. I don't think I've ever had a better filet. A special that night was Filet Oscar, so the presentation was a generous helping of real crab meat on the 9oz filet, served atop deliciously fresh asparagus. The filet was perfect: cooked exactly as I ordered - medium rare- as explained by the waiter to have a warm red center. Not bloody, the edges seared to lock in the juices. And juicy it was... served with a wonderful (but pricey) Cabernet, the meat melted in my mouth. It was almost a waste to use a knife, the meat was so delicate and fresh. A slightly crunchy grill sear perfectly complimented the buttery soft inner filet. Mmmmmm. I am daydreaming thinking about. Of course I was stuffed, but managed to pound down a creme brulee, which I found a bit firm, but now we're splitting hairs. Expesnive? Yes. But if you want to splurge or are on an expense account, go there and ORDER THE DAMN FILET!!! I just spent 10 minutes describing it, so try it! The place has a cigar bar and large social area, and looks like between Ladies nights and some local music it might really hop, too if you hit it right. I was only there for the meal, with no regrets.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The food here has always been very good! That said, the price has always been a little on the high side! We usually eat here a couple of times a year. The Crab Cakes and the Absolut Peper Shrim are my faves here. They serve everything from ribs to Venison!

Been to Cool River? Share your experiences!