“Great Modest Place”

Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Irving
Cuisines: American, Diner
“Great Modest Place”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The place isn't fancy, and frankly I love that about it. I get so tired of places trying to be "trendy" and charging extreme prices. It's nice to have a place to sit and relax. The wait staff is just great, very friendly and always attentive. Honestly, I really like the atmosphere

My wife and I have gone about 4 times now, and so far each time was great! I've seen reviews about food being overcooked, but not that I noticed. My home-style fries were a bit well cooked one time though. Probably depends on who's cooking I guess.

Honestly, the best thing to me is coming here for supper, ordering something with the salad bar for one of the sides, and getting out of there nice and stuffed for $15 for two. Honestly this seems to be our only place we've been eating out at lately, besides going out for sushi.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Adyon

Irving, Texas, United States
“Best Pie Place in Town”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a family eatery immediately on the western edge of downtown. Locals see this place as a local place to meet their friends and eat the best pie in town. Visitors see it as a hometown cooking icon. The food is good for an appropriate price. Diner atmosphere.

Visited May 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Home cooking, Iriving Staple”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place is an Irving tradation, around as long as I can recall. Decent home cooked foods, decent price, come often for lunch with co workers, breakfast until 3, and daily specials-older crowd, not much concern about healthy food, daily special is a meat & three side choices, you can easily get out with a tip for $10 or less. Family atmosphere, staff is welcoming and warm-

• Visited August 2012
Irving, Texas
“The BEST little cafe ever”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The best home made food ever. Pot Roast reminds me of Mom's. Breakfast is heaven. Ham steak out of this world. They even had Brussell Sprouts...yum!!!!

Visited March 2012
“Yummy for the Tummy”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I cant think of another place I'd rather eat than Joes...I always eat breakfast which is my favorite meal of the day...as said before...it offers that HOMETOWN feeling and almost everyone knows each other...the makings of GOOD EATS AND GOOD PEEPS!!!

• Visited June 2012

Been to Joe's Coffee Shop? Share your experiences!